AWS Cloud Architect - Join a Social Good Startup!
San Diego, CA
JOB #: 17041003-P
JOB DESCRIPTION: Our Client is a Well-Funded SaaS and Mobile Apps Tech Startup based in downtown San Diego, CA. They are creating a truly disruptive software platform that will improve the way small businesses are run and improve the health of our “other children” - our pets!! They are looking for an AWS Cloud Architect to be part of this awesome opportunity!
If you are an experienced and talented AWS Cloud Architect who is ready to apply your skills to a company improving the world, not just trying to make a quick buck, then please read on, and if this type of company appeals to you, and you have the right skills to do the job… We want to hear from you!
To take a page from their handbook:
“We stand up for our clients in the face of corporate giants. We win their loyalty by being amazing service providers - not with contracts. We go the extra mile and do the unexpected to give them little drops of joy whenever we can. To do this we have to be different. We have to set high expectations, we have to work harder AND smarter, and we have to leave work feeling content every night because we killed it that day.”
They are growing their SaaS and Mobile Platform that is differentiated in the market. They’re a great team that’s flourishing, so this is an ideal time to join!
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Local candidates only, please.
As the Database and Cloud Infrastructure Architect, you will be responsible for building, and expanding our cloud infrastructure, as well as improve our platforms availability, scalability, performance, DevOps, and security.
We take pride in delivering quality, highly available software solutions to our customers, and that depends on an infrastructure that not only performs well now but scales as we grow. Our backend is built upon Microsoft technologies such as MS SQL Server, IIS, C# and the .NET framework all hosted using Amazon Web Services.
We want people who are smarter than us, building a system that is far better than anything we can do ourselves. We need the kind of person that looks for things to continually improve upon because you are obsessed with performance.
- Ensure a high availability of our product platform 24/7.
- Ensure system scalability to handle continued high customer growth rates.
- Design, implement, support and scale server architecture on AWS to provide fast and reliable services to a rapidly growing customer base.
- Lead the infrastructure roadmap detailing where we are today and where we want to be.
- Monitor & tune the system to continually improve performance of our products.
- Write, analyze, optimize and troubleshoot simple to complex SQL queries.
- Manage and improve on the processes to successfully and reliably deliver applications to the cloud as well as internal systems required by the development team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in dynamic environments with highly skilled and motivated technical team members across the organization and within other geographies.
- Generate and maintain documentation of data store architectures, configurations, operations and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain best practices to protect systems and data.
- $100,000 to $150,000
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental
- Subsidized Parking, Free Water
- Option to bring your dog to work!
- Deep desire to design, build and scale the backend architecture of a rapidly growing startup.
- 5+ years of designing/implementing/administering large and complex SQL Server or MySQL.
- 3+ years’ experience designing, deploying, scaling, and maintaining critical environments in the AWS Cloud for a customer facing software platform of reasonable scale.
- Experience with many AWS and internet scale services and how each could be used to help scale a system.
- Practical experience with Application Performance Management tools and usage in a production environment.
- Monitoring system performance and seeing it handle anything you throw at it makes you smile.
- Proven problem solving skills. Demonstrative track record of situations and how you’ve identified bottlenecks and performance issues along with how they were solved.
- Demonstrated past availability metrics on previous systems.
- Able to design secure distributed systems and assure operational processes with systems that are publicly accessible in the cloud.
- Comfortable administering Database Replication/Mirroring, Disaster Recovery, Backups, and Restores.
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams, and self-manage time and effort across multiple projects.
- Proficient in any object oriented programming language.
- Bachelor’s or higher from a university with a computer science, software engineering, or related field.
KEY WORDS: DevOps, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Architect, Dev Ops, SQL, MySQL, REST, Chef, SaaS, Software as a Service, networking, programming, big data, AWS, Amazon Web Services, EC2, cloudfront, cloudsearch, VMware, networks, senior network engineer, network architect, SAN, Storage, data centers, datacenter, hardware, build, deployment,