AWS Cloud IT Architect – High Transaction SaaS Mobile, Well-Funded Startup
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17051001 - P
JOB DESCRIPTION: Our Client is a Well-Funded SaaS and Mobile Apps Tech Startup based in downtown San Diego, CA. They are creating a truly disruptive platform within to allow for SMB businesses in the healthcare sector to engage with their patients.
They are looking for an AWS Cloud Architect to deliver state of the art, highly-availability software solutions to their customers, and that depends on an infrastructure that not only performs well now but scales as they grow. Their backend is built upon Microsoft technologies, such as MS SQL Server, IIS, C# and the .NET framework all hosted using Amazon Web Services.
If you are an experienced and talented AWS Cloud Architect who is ready to apply your skills to a company improving the world, not just trying to make a quick buck but make a positive change a create a great workplace… to take a page from their Company’s handbook:
“We stand up for our clients in the face of corporate giants. We win their loyalty by being amazing service providers - not with contracts. We go the extra mile and do the unexpected to give them little drops of joy whenever we can. To do this we have to be different. We have to set high expectations, we have to work harder AND smarter, and we have to leave work feeling content every night because we killed it that day.”
If this sounds like the kind of place you’d be excited to go to work to every day, we want to hear from you!
As the AWS Architect, you will be responsible for building, and expanding our cloud infrastructure, as well as improve our platforms availability, scalability, performance, DevOps, and security.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
• Architect and implement a high availability and scalable infrastructure of their SaaS based product platform.
• Create system scalability to handle continued high customer growth rates.
• Design, implement, support and scale server architecture on AWS to provide fast and reliable services to a rapidly growing customer base.
• Lead the infrastructure roadmap detailing where they are today and where they want to be.
• Monitor & tune the system to continually improve performance of their products.
• Write, analyze, optimize and troubleshoot simple to complex SQL queries.
• Manage and improve on the processes to successfully and reliably deliver applications to the cloud as well as internal systems required by the development team.
• Generate and maintain documentation of data store architectures, configurations, operations and maintenance.
• Develop and maintain best practices to protect systems and data.
• $100,000 to $150,000
• Comprehensive Medical & Dental
• Subsidized Parking, Free Water
• Option to bring your dog to work!
• 5+ years of designing/implementing/administering large and complex SQL Server or MySQL.
• 3+ years’ experience designing, deploying, scaling, and maintaining critical environments in the AWS Cloud for a customer facing software platform of reasonable scale.
• Deep desire to design, build and scale the backend architecture of a rapidly growing startup.
• Experience with many AWS and internet scale services and how each could be used to help scale a system.
• Someone who looks for things to continually improve upon because you are obsessed with performance.
• Practical experience with Application Performance Management tools and usage in a production environment.
• Monitoring system performance and seeing it handle anything you throw at it makes you smile.
• Proven problem solving skills. Demonstrative track record of situations and how you’ve identified bottlenecks and performance issues along with how they were solved.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in dynamic environments with highly skilled and motivated technical team members across the organization and within other geographies.
• Demonstrated past availability metrics on previous similar systems.
• Able to design secure distributed systems and assure operational processes with systems that are publicly accessible in the cloud.
• Comfortable administering Database Replication/Mirroring, Disaster Recovery, Backups, and Restores.
• Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams, and self-manage time and effort across multiple projects.
• Proficient in any object oriented programming language.
• Bachelor’s or higher from a university with a computer science, software engineering, or related field.
KEY WORDS: DevOps, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Architect, Dev Ops, SQL, MySQL, REST, Chef, SaaS, Software as a Service, networking, programming, big data, AWS, Amazon Web Services, Google, healthcare, iOS, Android, email marketing, CRM, EC2, cloudfront, cloudsearch, VMware, networks, senior network engineer, network architect, SAN, Storage, data centers, datacenter, data center, COLO, IT architect, database architect, database developer, SQL, MySQL, NoSQL
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com