Accounting Assistant – Administrative Assistant
Carlsbad, CA | Temporary to Permanent
JOB #: 17092901-NC
JOB DESCRIPTION: Local Carlsbad Manufacturing Company is looking for an Accounting / Administrative Assistant to join their team. Ideal candidate will have 2 years of recent accounting and administrative experience in the manufacturing industry. Must have good working knowledge of various accounting systems and be highly proficient and accurate with 10 key. Needs to have knowledge of Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, Reconciliations, General Ledger, Postings, Invoicing, Preparing Bank Deposits, Matching invoices and payroll. Must have experience working in a busy office environment performing administrative tasks such as answering the phone, faxes, filing, data entry, e-mail correspondence and composing documents using Microsoft Word & Excel. Bachelor’s Degree is a huge plus. Looking for a self starter who is very detailed oriented and can work well with minimal supervision. This is a Temp to Hire Position paying $20.00 per hour.
• Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
• Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, data entry, e-mail correspondence, and composing documents using word and excel.
• Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
• Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
• Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
• Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
• Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
• Prepare purchase orders and expense reports.
• Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
• Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
• Match order forms with invoices, and record the necessary information.
• Prepare Payroll submission
• $20.00 per hour
• Medical ( once permanent)
• Dental ( once permanent)
• High School Diploma
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com