Analog and Embedded Electronics SR DESIGN ENGINEER Ruggedized Electronics
Los Angeles, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 68269-TJ
KEY WORDS: MIL-AERO, PADs, schematics
Are you ready to join a 60 year old company that has never had layoffs? An entrepreneurial environment where your voice will be heard at the table? As part of this multi-disciplinary team, you will develop ruggedized electronic and photonic products incorporating embedded microprocessors, FPGAs, support circuitry, analog electronics, high-speed datacom interfaces, power supplies, photonic transceivers, and transition them into production for aerospace, military, sub-sea, and other harsh-environment applications.
This is a hands on Engineering role with overall engineering design responsibility
and authority for products through the entire New Product Introduction process, from inception through manufacturing.
• Work from Marketing Requirements to develop electronic hardware designs
• Work with Firmware and FPGA programming team members to define requirements of firmware to support product functionality in C and C++
• Support manufacturing for all designs including microprocessors, including
• Work with Manufacturing Engineering staff to develop appropriate product assembly procedures and documentation, qualification test plans, production tests
• Work with Automated Test Engineering staff to develop and verify production test stations
• Troubleshoot problems in production and at customer sites
• Work with Product Marketing and Business Development to prepare responses to customer Requests for Proposals
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
• $ 120K to $150K
• Discretionary Bonus
• Comprehensive, competitive benefits package
• Entrepreneurial Environment
• Privately held company
• 5-15 years overall experience in hardware design
• Must have MIL-Aero experience
• High level of expertise in mixed-signal designs including analog circuits, embedded microprocessors, FPGAs and supporting circuitry, power supplies and familiarity with
• The basics of firmware programming in C/C++, VHDL, etc.
• Ethernet product design (10/100/1000BASE-T interfaces, PHYs, unmanaged switches.) 10GBASE-T interface desired.
• USB hub design
• Common I/O protocols (I2C, SPI, JTAG, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, MIL-STD-1553, etc).
• High level of experience with hands-on troubleshooting and turn-on of new circuitry,
• Including test bench equipment such as multi meters, DAQs, spectrum analyzers, JTAG and ICE probes, software, oscilloscopes, etc
• Experience in qualifying embedded systems to MIL-STD-810 MIL-STD-461 or IEC equivalents
• Experience in failure analysis and troubleshooting skills in a production and R&D
• Experience with prototyping solutions and bench testing methodology
• Experience in designing and testing to MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-1275, RTCA/DO-160 and IPC-610 requirements.
• Able to handle ITAR data. Must be US Citizen or have Green Card.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience