Buyer/Planner (Medical Device)
Carlsbad, CA | Temporary
JOB #: 17111402-SDS
KEY WORDS: buyer, planner, medical device, med device, temporary, contract, purchasing, ISO, FDA
TriStaff is in search of a temporary (3 months) Buyer/Planner for a Medical Device company located in Carlsbad. This position will support the materials team project lead with aspects inventory control, preparing Excel Bills of Material by gathering specifications to identify purchasing requirements and purchasing per the requirements of the Company Quality System.
Qualified candidates must have previous experience in the medical device industry. For consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 858-597-4000 to speak with one of our staffing recruiters today.
• Establish and maintain procedures for the handling of production materials – with attention to FIFO, Lot segregation, shelf life, and ID/Traceability and compliance to ISO and FDA requirements
• Generating material forecasts
• Preparing Bills of Materials
• Processing Change Orders as they relate to materials and material department procedures
• Work with the quality organization and Company Quality System requirements on auditing and management of the Company suppliers and Approved Supplier Requirements.
• Cycle Count / Inventory
• Packaging and Labeling
• Shipping – domestic and abroad
• Receiving – domestic and abroad
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Work adhering to European, US, Canadian and other regulatory and Quality System requirements (ISO, CFR, SOR, MDD, etc).
$30-35 per hour
• Experience in managing materials and logistics in a medical device environment (preferably ISO 13485)
• Knowledge of supply chain, demand planning, scheduling (job shop and repetitive) and warehouse duties.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Software for Financial Management/ERP strongly preferred.
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in Global Quality Systems (i.e., ISO13485, QSRs, etc) and Medical Device Regulations (CFR, MDD, SOR, etc) as it relates to department and job duties described within this document.
• Material Supplier Auditing
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com