Call Center Operations Manager – San Diego
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 68449- TJ
KEY WORDS: call center, management, operations, strategy
JOB DESCRIPTION: Serves customers by planning and implementing call center strategies and operations; improving systems and processes for managing staff. Determines call center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
• Develops call center systems, processes, and scripts; executes user acceptance test plans; plans and controls project and system implementations.
• Developing agent processes and protocols; monitoring performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans;
• Provide guidance and assistance with complex issues, establishes work priorities and makes decisions within established guidelines and/or authority.
• Lead the development of a Quality Monitoring metric, as well as the administration and enhancement of the Quality Monitoring Program.
• Visible role in the Call Center related to training and quality; collaborate with the management team assure standardization, communication, calibration, and consistency.
• Participate in and/or Lead monthly Call Center Operations Reviews to communicate state of the business to internal stakeholders.
• Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Prepares performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Leads by example by answering calls during inbound phone call volume increases.
• In partnership with other key management teammates, and utilizing temporary staffing agencies, recruits new agents for the call center.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• In conjunction with other members of call center leadership, monitor workload and service level to ascertain tactical changes required to achieve department and corporate goals.
• Plan events for call center personnel team-building, morale, and education.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
• $ 50K to $65K+
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Customer Focus, Customer Service, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Process Improvement, Problem Solving, People Skills, Teamwork, People Management, Managing Processes, Emphasizing Excellence.
• Proficient in Microsoft office products, and applicable call center systems
• Knowledge of policies and regulations
• Demonstrated supervisory, coaching, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Proven customer service skills and ability
• Problem solving abilities
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrated strong communication skills
• Proven decision making ability
• Proven time management and leadership ability