Cannabis CPA Advisory Professional / CFO / Tax Accountant / Cannabis Industry /Hemp Industry
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17050901-SDPA
KEY WORDS: CPA , EA, Accountant, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, 280E, 420, Tax, Tax Accountant, Advisory, Assurance, 1120, cannabis, hemp, dispensary, accounting, Marijuana, medical marijuana, CFO, Tax Accountant, Accountancy, Tax, Cannabis Industry, Hemp Industry–San Diego, CA
This is your opportunity to join an emerging Accounting and Tax Advisory service leader in the High-Growth CANNABIS industry. We are looking for an experienced CPA or EA Accountant who knows the Cannabis Industry.
We are seeking an “Experienced Client-facing Accountancy Advisor” with tax and accounting consulting experience with an interest in specializing in cannabis tax and consulting, including provisions and Section 280e to join our San Diego office. The team member will advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services and have full exposure to cannabis tax planning and compliance. He or she will work with other members of our tax practice to develop and sustain excellent client relationships. Participation in the calculation and analysis of proprietary tax strategies for clients. Develops financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services; preparing growth plans; directing staff. Responsible for overseeing daily operations, overseeing all staff and all client services to be completed in a timely and accurate manner with a very high customer satisfaction rating.
Our tax and advisory personnel keep up to date on current tax practices and changes in tax law and have the ability to provide our clients with in-depth industry knowledge and guidance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required; Master of Tax preferred
• Minimum 4 years of experience in a Public Accounting firm or related experience
• CPA or EA Strongly Preferred (But not required).
• CFO / COO level experience a plus, but not required.
• Proficient in corporate tax with exposure to non-corporate tax
• Previous experience with Section 280e
• Previous experience supervising and training Staff and Seniors preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational techniques are required
• Must be highly motivated and experienced in managing multiple client engagements
• Must begin to attain visibility and recognition within the cannabis industry
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Please email me your most current resume and call me to discuss your interest and availability in this “Exciting Tax Accounting Advisory role, supporting clients in the high-growth Cannabis / Hemp industries.”
Contact: Kelly Lucas (858)453-1331 x143
Provide Clients with Tax, payroll and business consulting; plans and prepare federal (280e), state and local taxes; and provides full bookkeeping and payroll services; integrating expert advice with needed back-end administrative functions.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
• $65-$75 per hour = $135,000- $165,000 annually + OT + Possible EQUITY with this growing Organization!
• Must have minimum of 2-7 years of Public Accounting, Tax and /or Accounting related experience, as well as some knowledge/experience in Cannabis, Hemp, Dispensary, or other Medical Marijuana Industry related Accounting / Tax Advisory role.
• Experience with Tax Code 280E, Tax filings for Cannabis / Medical Marijuana industry related clients.
• 4 year BS or BA Degree in Accounting, business, finance or related
• CPA or EA preferred
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com