Fresno, CA | Direct Hire
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Credit Officer will determine if a credit package is sufficiently complete to initiate work, utilize financial statements and/or tax returns to prepare statement spreadsheets, analyze cash flows, and prepare of the written credit request (Report of Credit Extended-RCE).
• Complies with and stays abreast of all policies and procedures, federal and state laws applicable to the job.
• Provide, present and promote customer service to all external and internal customers.
• Review all credit files for CMD pursuant to submitted requests for completeness.
• Spread financial statements and/or tax returns using Moody’s statement analyzer.
• Use Excel or other spread sheet programs to complete personal cash flows from tax returns, personal financial statements, credit reports, and other financial information.
• Discuss credit requests and financial information with Center and Department personnel.
• Must develop the ability to prepare accurate, clear, and concise preliminary analysis of financial information presented and formulate questions for review by Credit Administrators.
• Provide high level administrative support to the Credit Management Department on an as needed basis under the direction of either the Chief Credit Officer or the Deputy Chief Credit Officer.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
• $ 75,000 to $100,000 per year
• Comprehensive package
• 3-5 years commercial underwriting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Commercial Banking experience (C&I, CRE, Lines of Credit, Equipment Financing).
• Specific college-level courses in Accounting are considered necessary to the job, including Introductory Accounting and Intermediate Accounting coursework. Good understanding of basic accounting concepts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business