Data Scientist – B2C Tech Company, Digital Marketing Team
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17073103- P
KEY WORDS: data scientist, data science, analytics, consumer, b2c, ecommerce, predictive analytics, finance, marketing, digital marketing, statistics, data analyst, big data analytics, financial services, CPG, e-commerce, web analytics
JOB DESCRIPTION: Thriving, $200MM+ San Diego based Healthcare Technology Company is looking for Data Scientist to join their Marketing team! This team is leading the effort to develop digital initiatives across every area of their business and driving innovations for how to create better customer experiences.
You will help with efforts in the areas of driving engagement on all digital platforms, e-commerce, and digital content opportunities. With tight timelines, this team is focused on driving digital innovation across the entire customer journey and they do this in partnership with all departments. This team works in an entrepreneurial and strategic culture to push forward new concepts and execute with passion and leverage data-driven learning.
The Data Scientist is a critical new role in a $200MM and 1,000 employee+ Consumer Technology Organization, so your work would directly affect a robust and complex business organization. With a multi-million-dollar investment in marketing and a vast, rich data set of customer behavior, you’ll be pioneering new ways of marketing to one of the fastest growing consumer segments.
As they build-out their capabilities in data-driven marketing, you will play an important role in setting team direction, prioritizing projects, defining methodologies and communicating to broad range of stakeholders. You’ll be responsible for making sure they are measuring, reporting and making decisions on the best available information.
You’ll be responsible for developing and applying models that define where they should invest marketing dollars and driving increasing efficiency through model-driven optimizations. You will also be responsible for creating attribution and media mix models that will inform decisions across their marketing budget, accelerating growth across all product and service lines.
Their environment is down to earth, dynamic, and fun, so the ideal candidate will be high energy, proactive, detail-oriented, have a creative mind, and love working on multiple ongoing projects. If you love having a major impact and acting as the go-to person for anything data science related within an organization, please apply!
To Apply: please send your resume for a confidential review to Kanani Masterson – email@example.com.
• Cooperate with digital strategy, web development and engineering teams to build a data-driven, marketing platform and the processes to maintain and improve it. The platform will help measure, report, analyze and predict behaviors to improve marketing performance
• Discover and prepare disparate data sources for accurate analysis and efficient data management and storage
• Create models on large-scale datasets to improve marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, and/or data mining techniques
• Provide quantitative guidance in creating a/b tests and other related experiments to improve marketing performance
• Leverage models to address key growth challenges such as predictive LTV, cross-channel spend allocation, response modeling and media attribution for both Consumer and B2B audience segments
• Build reports and dashboards to measure the performance of each digital and offline channel; and help better understand synergies across channels
• Collaborate with marketing and sales leadership to build data-driven forecasting models
Salary: $100-170K base DOE
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits.
• Employee health incentive programs
• Flexible and fun culture
• Minimum of three years of hands-on experience as Data Scientist doing complex quantitative analysis.
• Experience within in consumer or SMB focused technology company, i.e.: ecommerce, financial services, banking, consumer products, CPG, wireless, mobile apps, digital agency, and/or consumer subscription space.
• Understanding or interest in cross-channel marketing attribution model development and evaluation.
• Experience with machine learning techniques, predictive, and/or advanced analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, or time series) required.
• Prior hands-on coding experience with Python/R/etc. programming languages required.
• Excellent SQL skills - comfortable working with large data sets.
• Proficient with marketing platforms including Google 360, Google Adwords, DoubleClick and Salesforce
• Expertise in data reporting and visualization tools including Excel, Tableau, or any of the other growing number of tools from Google, Microsoft, IBM or others
• Familiarity with Hadoop/Hive, Azure, Redshift or other database platforms
• Proven history of developing innovative and cutting-edge measurement capabilities across the range of marketing activities, including TV, print, advertising, digital, radio, and paid search
• Analytical knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: internet, multi-channel B2B and/or B2C marketing, and web analytics
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent execution and organization. This role will be collaborating with marketers, engineers and product leads in rapid development cycles, and you should be reliable executing with little day-to-day oversight
• Prior experience in developing advertising bid optimization algorithms preferred.
Education: Master’s degree or PhD in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuary or other quantitative field required
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com