Director, Product Management – Complex Hardware Platform, Stable Growing Company
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17100502 - P
Our Client is a global leader in enterprise-scale connected devices seeks a top-notch Director of Hardware Product Management. If you are passionate about beautifully designed, highly scalable and functional products that deliver exceptional customer experiences, we want to hear from you! Their complex products are able to perform a range of functions from video analysis, machine vision/learning, and predictive analytics.
They are backed by top Bay Area VC’s and are growing rapidly due to the success of their pioneering solutions that allow customers to enhance their operational efficiency and carbon footprint, improve safety, and save lives.
Working under an engaged and seasoned Executive Team with multiple successful IPO/acquisition exits in their history, their business is nearly doubling YOY, and the talent of their people are a key factor in that growth.
You will be responsible for defining and developing innovative, differentiated, best-in-class hardware products, and working with the software and other internal teams to optimize the revenues from each box. By leveraging deep customer insights and knowledge of the competitive landscape, you will also own the product strategy as well as the more granular planning, and execution throughout the product lifecycle.
This includes developing business cases based on solid technical and analytical justifications, preparing roadmaps, and interfacing with business stakeholders and engineering to define and drive feature requirements from conception to completion among other tasks.
• Design, manage, and execute on the vision for supporting software services across multiple platforms
• Utilize your understanding of the end-to-end experience, and lead the execution and field teams to deliver on time and on budget
• Partner with business subject matter experts and thought leaders in identifying improvement opportunities, defining requirements and user stories that support process re-engineering efforts, reporting metrics, and verification of successful outcomes
• Develop and manage the product strategy and roadmap, working with stakeholders and senior management to plan and prioritize product deliverables and schedules
• Prepare product requirements that address the objectives of the company, competitive outlook, industry direction, resource constraints, timeline, etc.
• Lead cross-functional teams with respect to requirements interpretation, product decisions, specification reviews, customer satisfaction issues, and scheduling
• Evaluate the impact of trade-off decisions between programs and capabilities and backlog
• Clearly communicate product development updates, risks, and issues to stakeholders and senior management
• Maintain a high attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Proactively identify and resolve risk factors/issues that may impair ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical objectives
• Develop and deliver technical and business presentations and associated training
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$120K to $175K + Bonus
• Excellent comprehensive healthcare and wellness coverage
• Unlimited PTO and sick time – honor system
• Casual, supportive, and flexible environment.
• Pet friendly! Bring you pup to work when you want!
• Pre-IPO Stock Options
• 10+ years of product management experience for complex hardware, embedded and software products
• 10+ years of experience managing products through their full lifecycle with a track record of successful delivery of multiple commercial hardware products
• Experience in wireless, set top boxes, smart devices, or telematics solutions products experience is preferred
• Experience building and maintaining relationships with large ODM’s, OEMs and Tier 1 parts or hardware suppliers in Asia preferred
• Able to design innovative features and cohesive products based upon data and market analytics; keen eye for details; customer focused; results oriented
• Demonstrated experience in identifying customer and business difficulties, crafting the vision of product, writing clear product requirements;
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage trade-offs
• Experienced in agile development processes and acting as the Product Owner for Sprint teams
• Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
• Highly organized, even in a rapidly changing environment
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, presentation skills, strong work ethic, and self-motivated
• Effective in cross-functional team environments
• Positive, naturally curious, and energetic personality with willingness and ability to travel within the United States and to the United Kingdom, India, and China (under 20%)
• BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or related; ideally with an MBA
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: Director of product management, VP product management, Senior product manager, hardware, wireless, telematics, smart devices, IoT, embedded, firmware, mobile, medical device, automotive, machine learning