Director of Customer Success – Profitable, Fast Growth SaaS Startup
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
Posting: # 17050201 -P
Our Client is a Well-Funded SaaS and Mobile Apps Tech Startup based in downtown San Diego, CA looking to hire a new Director of Sales & Customer Experience. They are creating a truly disruptive platform to allow for SMB businesses in the healthcare sector to better connect and engage with their patients.
You’ll apply your skills to a company that seeks to improve the world… not just trying to make a quick buck, but make a positive change while also creating a great workplace. The Director of Customer Success' mission is to build a team and processes to close, onboard, train, and proactively solve the problems of their customers.
As the Director Of Sales and Customer Success, your primary responsibility is to lead and support the sales and customer success teams. These teams will be supporting the daily sales activities and interacting with future and active B2B customers.
This individual will work closely with their customer success and sales team members to develop and deploy the required processes and procedures needed to effectively support new and existing B2B customers, including strategies for upselling current accounts.
This position is accountable for maintaining a high level of customer support (internal/external) and driving continuous process improvement. They are growing at a very fast pace with exceptionally smart and talented people, but many of which have little business experience. As a rapidly growing startup, these teams need a strong leader to help guide their individual contributors and managers to become their successful future leaders.
To take a page from their Company’s handbook:
“We stand up for our clients in the face of corporate giants. We win their loyalty by being amazing service providers - not with contracts. We go the extra mile and do the unexpected to give them little drops of joy whenever we can. To do this we have to be different. We have to set high expectations, we have to work harder AND smarter, and we have to leave work feeling content every night because we killed it that day.”
If this sounds like the kind of place you’d be excited to go to work to every day, we want to hear from you!
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Local candidates only, please.
- Overall management of team members on sales and customer experience teams.
- Responsible for creating/adhering to KPI’s/metrics, hiring and training curriculum, process development and improvement, cross functional coordination, contract process monitoring/reporting, client billable support, internal and external reporting of accounts metrics
- Develop reporting tools for monitoring and reporting contract expirations, renewal periods, tracking product and pricing models, invoicing and payables, SLA performance by PetDesk and customers, as well as other tracking efforts as needed/required
- Manage and resolve client escalations with their SaaS Platform.
- Support company growth by working with management, and other personnel on special projects or duties as directed
- $60,000 to $90,000 + Commissions
- Commissions + Performance Bonuses
- Comprehensive medical and dental
- Option to bring your dog to work!
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Minimum of five years of Customer Success, Account Management, or Customer Experience background in a technology related field (direct customer contact experience a must)
- Must have 2+ years of management experience, ideally over teams larger than 10
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management systems/applications (SalesLogix, Salesforce.com, or similar.)
- Heavy preference towards individuals with B2B SaaS experience that are 30-60 day sales cycles in the $200-2000/monthly subscription price range.
- Personality traits: Data and metrics oriented, curious, collaborative, proactive, accountable, excellent mentoring abilities, resourceful, intelligent, strategic but also hands-on, no ego, able to herd cats.
- Organizational Planning
- Follow through / Execution
- Ability to hire A players
- Ability to develop people
- Problem solving
- Hard worker who can also work smarter
- Proficient in the use of software and the ability to multitask