Director of Product Management – Advanced Analytics, AI, IoT, Thriving Pre-IPO Company
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17120101 - P
Our Client is a global leader in enterprise-scale analytics software and video-based wireless technologies seeks a top-notch Director of Product Management. If you are passionate about beautifully designed, highly scalable and functional products that deliver exceptional customer experiences, we want to hear from you! Their complex products are able to perform a range of functions from video analysis, machine vision/learning, and predictive analytics.
They are backed by top Bay Area VC’s and are growing rapidly due to the success of their pioneering solutions that allow customers to enhance their operational efficiencies, lessen carbon footprint, improve safety, and save lives. This is an opportunity to work on products that are for the greater good!
You will work under an engaged and seasoned Executive Team with multiple successful IPO/acquisition exits in their history, their business is nearly doubling YOY, and the talent of their people are a key factor in that growth.
You will be responsible for defining and developing innovative, differentiated, best-in-class software products, and working with the hardware and other internal teams to optimize the revenues from each device. By leveraging deep customer insights and knowledge of the competitive landscape, you will also own the product strategy as well as the more granular planning, and execution throughout the product lifecycle.
This includes developing business cases based on solid technical and analytical justifications, preparing roadmaps, and interfacing with business stakeholders and engineering to define and drive feature requirements from conception to completion among other tasks.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
• Lead cross-functional teams with respect to requirements interpretation, product decisions, specification reviews, customer satisfaction issues, and scheduling.
• Work closely with marketing team for new product launch activities.
• Develop and manage the product strategy and roadmap for their products, working with stakeholders and senior management to plan and prioritize product deliverables and schedules
• Prepare product requirements that address the objectives of the company, competitive outlook, industry direction, resource constraints, timeline, etc.
• Evaluate the impact of trade-off decisions between programs and capabilities as well as backlog.
• Clearly communicate product development updates, risks, and issues to stakeholders and senior management and other stakeholders
• Uphold a high attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Proactively identify and resolve risks and issues that may impair their ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical objectives
• Develop and deliver technical and business presentations and training to customers
• $140,000 to $175,000
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Casual and flexible work environment
• Generous PTO
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience as commercial software product manager and minimum of 5 years’ in a leadership role
• Must have 5+ years in impactful leadership role in conceiving, specifying, and delivering major commercial software products to market
• Strong industry preference for big data, video content management, SaaS, telematics, transportation logistics, and big data/advanced analytics markets.
• Detailed and current knowledge of formal product management and product marketing activities, including market research, market sizing, pricing, marketing communications, and product launch
• Demonstrated experience in recruiting, developing, and managing high performance commercial software product management teams
• Proven ability to take informed risks, make difficult business decisions, and communicate impact of such decisions to ensure buy-in, as well as timely results
• Strong knowledge of finance and business case development for commercial software products, including ability to develop and reconcile financial data such as product income statements, return on investment analysis, and net-present value analysis
• Proven ability to make major contributions to product, marketing, and business strategy at the senior management level
• Proven ability to establish effective and impactful commercial software product management processes across diverse product lines
• Proven ability to prioritize the work effort and ensure that tasks are completed on schedule
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage trade-offs
• Able to communicate by active listening and have the ability to present complex ideas in concise written and verbal descriptions which are easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience with building, attracting and retaining top-notch people on your team.
• Ability to comprehend, track, drill-down, and question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based upon that data
• Superior documentation and communication skills with an eye towards total quality management and continuous process improvement
• Strong influence management, negotiation, leadership and assertiveness skills
• PERSONALITY TRAITS: Ability to herd cats, uphold the highest integrity, and ability to make responsible, honest and open decisions with clear communication; Self-confident, experienced, and a proactive with a proven ability to produce outstanding results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Willingness and ability to travel within the United States and to the United Kingdom, India, and China (under 20%)
• Must have Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com