Director of Product Management – Global Leader in Wireless Devices, Wearables, IoT
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17119001 - P
JOB DESCRIPTION: Thriving and highly profitable Technology Company developing cutting edge products in the wireless space is looking for a new Director of Product Development! This company’s wide product portfolio encompasses both commercial and consumer products that range from wireless devices to cloud-based analytics software to IoT and wearables. This is a hands-on role where you will have major impact over their product lines and be able to have your fingerprints on devices and services used by millions of people on a daily basis!
This highly technical role is responsible for overseeing, managing, and leading their Core Products Portfolio through experiences in Technical Product Development, Cross Functional Leadership, Operations, Market Launch, and Vendor Management.
You will utilize your deep technical experience with hardware and software development and launching multiple mobile/wireless products and services to guide and lead Technical Product Managers to meet business goals and deliver stable, reliable, and cost efficient solutions. This individual should be forward looking, anticipating any roadblocks, and compensating/alleviating accordingly to ensure stable and reliable products.
Additionally, he/she should be cognizant of the present and attentive to trends to help shape the future as it pertains to innovation, improvements, competitive edge, and value aligned to the company’s business goals.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
• Technical Ownership and Accountability, as well as roadmap planning support for both Consumer and Enterprise/Commercial Markets.
• Soup to nuts product management from concept through development and market launch of feature-set updates and new R&D beta products
• Leadership and Technical Guidance for Product Development
• Support Product Development Standardization across all Product Lines
• Perform in-depth analysis of existing and next-generation technologies related to HW and SW platforms
• Manage and sustain OEMs and 3rd-party partnerships and agreements
• Manage and Measure Performance Metrics for Product Lines
• Provide relevant technical information and expertise to support long term strategic planning.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$140K to $190K base DOE
• Comprehensive health benefits and wellness plans.
• Performance Bonuses
• Pre-IPO stock options (DOE)
• Casual, supportive and flexible work environment.
• Must have minimum of 10 years of current experience in product management capacity within wireless telecommunications industry OR enterprise-scale SaaS products (ideally analytics or big data) is required;
• Direct and current experience with complex products in one or more of the following industries: telematics/automotive, analytics, big data, AI, healthcare, wearables, video, IoT, and/or wireless devices (cell phones, tablets, etc.).
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Technical Product Development (involving both hardware and software) is required
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in technical role (ideally Electrical Engineering) is required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing teams, customer delivery, and vendor management experience
• Significant product management experience over carrier-grade or commercial consumer wireless technology products and services is required
• Prior experience performing technical vendor qualifications of competencies and capabilities.
• Knowledge of technical areas such as Embedded Linux, Yocto, OpenEmbedded, FreeRTOS, Android, and/or Android Wear operating systems
• Knowledge of software development best practices and Agile, preferred.
• Prior experience working with device certification process with both OEMs and major US carriers preferred
• Knowledge of wireless networks and their interaction with wireless products and services preferred
• Knowledge of wireless technologies such as CDMA, LTE, VoLTE, BT, NFC, WiFi, GPS preferred
• Knowledge of hardware system and component level:
a. Multilayer PCB, Layout, Grounding, Shielding, Noise
b. Baseband, Memory, Power/PMIC, Battery, Digital, Analog, LCDs, Sensors,
c. RF, Rx, Tx, Antennae, Matching, Sensitivity, Performance, Noise, GPS, WiFi
d. Schematics, Gerbers, Debug
• Knowledge of Antennae Measurements, Network Analyzers, Base Station Simulators, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscope Measurements preferred
• Knowledge of hardware and software testing best practices preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree required. BSEE, BSCS or related is preferred. MBA Preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: Director of product management, wireless, IoT, SaaS, Analytics, Telecommunications, wearables, IoT, telematics, GPS, healthcare