Help Desk Specialist
Pasadena, CA | Temporary to Permanent
JOB #: 17072801- SDPA
The Help Desk Specialist provides phone support and field support to users of microcomputers in a network environment using the Spiceworks Helpdesk system. This position supports desktop operating systems (e.g. Windows 7, 8.1, 10 & Office 365), business suites (e.g. Office 2010, Office 2013), electronic mail communications (e.g. Outlook 2010 & 2013) and the Cisco Unified communication system, as well as, LAN/WAN connectivity issues. Reports to the Director of IT and the Technology Support Specialist
• Supports and promotes the mission of the Agency
• Provides end user support; including problem determination (hardware, software, process), problem source identification (specific hardware, software, network component, or usage error) and problem resolution (reconfiguration, component replacement, or training).
• Perform adds/moves/delete using active directory & Cisco unified communications manager (phone, virtual extension, BYOD) and Cisco Unity Connection (voicemail administration) systems.
• Supports and troubleshoots computer and communications hardware and infrastructure components, provide backup (LAN/WAN) troubleshooting and network administration support as required.
• Moves, replaces and configures system components (e.g. hard drives, monitors, printers, cables, system units, option boards, etc.) using available resources or knowledge when necessary.
• Tracks and documents work performed and time spent using Spiceworks helpdesk system.
• Takes inventory of current equipment in IT department using spreadsheets and Spiceworks.
• Documents workflows, creates Step by Step & “How To” Training Manuals for end-users.
• Communicates workflow and quality assurance concerns to IT Director and Technical Support Specialist and any affected personnel.
• Troubleshoots technology issues steming from the use of the Welligent & ChildPlus systems and participates and stays updated with electronic health record system support requests and upgrades.
• Travels to various office locations when needed to install, troubleshoot and repair Desktop/Laptops, Cisco phone system, and LAN/WAN network issues.
• Maintains a neat and accessible work environment.
• Assists with ongoing IT projects and attends weekly IT meetings
• Works well in a team environment, sharing responsibilities and outcomes of projects both within the department and across the Agency.
• Displays sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomics
• Performs work in a safe manner at all times and ensures employees are abiding by safety practices; takes action when employees put themselves or others at risk.
• Follows all policies, procedures, and legal mandates including HIPAA, client confidentiality, releases of information, protected health information (PHI) and client files.
• Follows all policies, procedures and legal mandates including HIPAA, client confidentiality, releases of information, protected health information (PHI) and client files.
• Ensures performance and behaviors support the Agency’s performance quality
improvement (PQI) goals and objectives.
• Reports to work on time and maintains reliable and regular attendance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• $25.00 to $30.00 an hour
• Computer Information System (CIS) degree preferred; or minimum 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in Dell Toad Data Point and Spiceworks (or equivalent) help desk ticketing system preferred.
• Microsoft certification or equivalent experience in Access and Excel preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of general networking (switching, routing, firewall)
and ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
• Familiarity building Images for Laptops and Desktops and an understanding of hard drive encryption technologies.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Possess excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
• Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a member of a team, able to take direction.
Familiarity with the following software/hardware & devices/programs:
o Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat (Pro & Reader)
o Dragon Dictation
o PCIT equipment
o Audio/Visual set-up (Conference multimedia systems & PA systems)
o Anti-Spam & Anti-Spyware
• Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a member of
a team, able to take direction.
• Valid CA Driver License and maintains insurability on the Agency’s Auto-liability policy and maintains the Agency required auto insurance liability limits of
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com