Human Factors Engineer/Usability Manager/ UX – Medical Device
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 68451-TJ
KEY WORDS: Human Factors, Usability, UX, Medical Device
JOB DESCRIPTION: My client is taking immunotherapy to the next level in the fight against cancer and infectious diseases. The company is advancing a growing clinical and preclinical stage product pipeline.
• Lead Human Factors & Usability Engineering activities for new product development programs and drive usability improvements for current products.
• Support Product Management and Product Engineering personnel in establishing human factors (HF) and usability-related requirements for new products and product line extensions
• Conduct internal and external Usability testing throughout the product development process, from formative testing of early prototypes through summative testing of final designs.
• Oversee outside consultants to effectively and efficiently support product development efforts within the company.
• Develop and maintain the uFMEA for new and existing products.
• Develop and maintain product user manuals
• Create product concept models such as story boards, mockups, workflow diagrams, use cases, etc.
• Work with external test houses on IEC 60601-1-6
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
• $ 90,000 to $ 110,000 per year
• Discretionary Bonus
• Competitive salaries
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
• Group life and disability coverage
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Business travel accident coverage
• Educational reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Human Factors Usability Engineering process for medical devices
• human factors education and experience with various human factors research methods
• Understanding of Risk Management Process based on IEC 14971
• In-depth knowledge of IEC 62366 and AAMI HE75
• Practical knowledge of FDA QSR 820 and ISO13485 require
• Minimum 7 years industry experience working in human factors / usability with Medical Devices
• Bachelor’s degree in related Field
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com