Human Resources Assistant
Pasadena, CA | Temporary to Permanent
JOB #: 17091102-SDPA
KEY WORDS, HR, Human Resource Assistant, HR Assistant, HR Admin, Administrative Assistant, Medical Office, medical, Hospital, HR clerical support
Monday through Friday: (8:30am-5:00PM) OR (9:00am-5:30PM)
The Human Resources Assistant provides general administrative support to the Human Resources Department and assists with the day-to-day efficient operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Human Resources Department including: managing the department calendar; completing turnover and exit interview reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; and compiling agenda and documents for meetings; taking meeting minutes and coordinating the COA activities for the department.
• Ensures all new hire and enrollment paperwork is complete and the personnel file is accurate.
• Assists with E-Verify process and ensures I-9 compliance.
• Prepares new employee and intern packets and supports the new employee orientation with scheduling e-mails and other coordination duties.
• Ensures on-going supply of benefit materials, laminating pouches, etc. and orders supplies as applicable.
• Ensures HR employee forms, notices and work posters are current with state and federal laws.
• Assists with reference checking, recruitment fairs, Live Scan and other background clearances as needed.
• Gathers, organizes, summarizes, and analyzes documents for various sorts of project review, accreditation, audit compliance, presentation and/or training.
• Assists with updating and maintaining accurate, confidential record of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfer, performance reviews and terminations in PAYCHEX FLEX system database within the required deadlines.
• Tracks all professional licenses and registrations on a monthly basis, contacts staff as needed and assures that all documents are updated.
• Tracks automobile coverage levels required of staff on a monthly basis and assures that all updates are received in a timely fashion, including Department of Motor Vehicle Reports.
• Ensures employee TB tests are completed per contractual and Agency requirements.
• Recommends and implements Agency wellness efforts and monthly newsletters.
• Assists in planning and executing employee events and celebrations.
• Coordinates the annual open enrollment benefits fair.
• Stays abreast of changes in laws, case law, regulations, policies, and programs relevant to human resources and employment practices.
• Provides effective employee relations, including accurate answers to questions.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$ 15 to $ 16 / hourly
• Excellent benefits, 100% paid Medical premium coverage for employee once converted to direct hire employee.
• Experience working with an HRIS preferred.
• Must be or become certified as fingerprint roller by the California Department of Justice (DOJ) Fingerprint Rolling Certificate Program within 30 days of hire date.
• Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations related to human resources and employment issues.
• Proficient Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and computer skills and demonstrated ability to work in Windows environment.
• Experience working with Visio and organizational charts preferred.
• Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information discretely.
• Highly organized; detail-oriented; demonstrates a high level of accuracy.
• Demonstrates knowledge and sensitivity to cultural differences.
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
• Valid CA Driver’s License and maintains insurability on the Agency’s Auto-liability policy and maintains the Agency required State of California auto insurance liability limits.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years human resources experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com