Implementation Systems Engineer, Project Manager – Video Platform, AWS
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17091201-P
JOB DESCRIPTION: San Diego based Technology Leader in the Content Delivery and Entertainment Industry is looking for an experienced Implementation Systems Engineer / Technical Project Manager. As an important part of their customer facing engineering team, you will work with key customers in the entertainment space who are utilizing their video content management platform that’s hosted in AWS. These are complex and highly scalable software solutions that deliver mission critical technology solutions to world-class media industry customers.
Core responsibilities will require highly technical skills with one or more of the following areas of expertise: DevOps, container based programming (like Docker), PHP, AWS, and data delivery platforms. You will be in a key role representing the Company to high-profile customers who will be newly implementing their systems or migrating from current software to new cloud-based software. You’ll utilize your people skills as well as ability to manage risks and technical communications between internal teams and customers.
They foster a fun, fast-paced, nonpolitical atmosphere where you can take on new challenges every single day! The ideal candidate is someone who is looking for a role with a great deal of autonomy, wide scope of responsibilities, and an open, highly motivated, and ethical team.
This is an opportunity to join a small, but highly profitable Company with over 15 years in business and stable business model. You’ll be an early hire in their new, next generation product group that is focused on taking them on a major growth trajectory.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Please apply only if you currently reside or plan to relocate to the San Diego area.
• Own the overall success of new client implementations and current customer migrations, including time and resource management, issue and risk management, and project execution
• Create and execute detailed implementation project plans, while actively engaging your internal business partners on project risks, timing, and statuses
• Ensure that new client implementations are completed on-time, within budget, and within agreed-upon scope
• Act as primary point of contact for the customer throughout the implementation project, which involves creating long term relationships with the primary technology, finance, and operations stakeholders in customers’ organizations.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$ 100K to $130K base
• Excellent health benefits
• Flexible culture
• 4 weeks of vacation and major holidays
• Must have current experience with SaaS / Cloud based software in technical project manager or software engineering or DevOps/Systems Engineering role.
• Must have interest in or experience with project management and client implementation systems engineering for custom software projects.
• Must have ability to work closely with customers and translate requirements into technical documentation.
• Experience in Agile environment and tools such as JIRA.
• Experience with content delivery networks (CDN), video encoding/decoding, satellite based data delivery, UDP/IP, big data platforms, and/or ad-based technology solutions preferred.
• Ability to travel 10-20% (one week per quarter on average).
• Bachelor’s degree highly preferred, ideally in Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com