LabVIEW Automated Test System Engineer High Speed Digital Data
Glendale, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 68268-TJ
KEY WORDS: LabView, high speed digital data
JOB DESCRIPTION: Are you ready to join an entrepreneurial environment and work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop automated test equipment (ATE) for electronic and photonic products incorporating embedded microprocessors, FPGAs, support circuitry, analog electronics, high-speed datacom interfaces or high-frequency RF interfaces, power supplies, and photonic transceivers for aerospace, military, sub-sea, and other harsh-environment applications. Work with design and manufacturing engineering teams to develop validation plans for automated acceptance testing of production units
• Develop automation system architectures, frameworks and test tools
• Develop LabView applications to test production hardware
• Support and maintain acceptance test stations in production and support
• Manufacturing personnel including operator training in software use and system calibration
• Design Production databases for optimal structure and long-term usage – apply principles of Normalization and Data Integrity
Advise on production-related database structures and usage
• Coordinate test equipment acquisition and repair – identification, scheduling, shipping, etc.
• Advise technicians on procedural questions or issues
• Review questionable test results and provide recommended actions
• Provided high level technical support for all testing related issues – diagnosis and priority resolution of “line-down” situations
• Author and maintain procedural documents for test operators to reference in the
• performance of production testing
• $ 85,000 to $ 130,000 per year
• Entrepreneurial environment where your voice will be heard at the table.
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Discretionary bonus
• Privately held company
• 10+ years overall experience in high speed digital data validation/test hardware development
• High level of expertise in developing automated testing equipment for production testing of mixed-signal products and sub-assemblies for MIL/Aerospace applications including :
o Analog circuits, embedded microprocessors and FPGAs, and supporting circuitry and power supplies
o Ethernet products with electrical and optical interfaces (10/100/1000BASE-T interfaces, PHYs, unmanaged switches.) 10GBASE-T interface desired.
o Video fiber-optic media converters (nice to have)
o Common I/O protocols (I2C, SPI, JTAG, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, MIL-STD-
• Solid foundation of LabView expertise High level of experience with hands-on troubleshooting and turn-on of new test systems, including test bench equipment such as multi meters, DAQs, spectrum analyzers, JTAG and ICE probes, software, oscilloscopes, etc.
• Experience in qualifying embedded systems to MIL-STD-810 MIL-STD-461 or IEC equivalents
• Specific experience with fiber-optic product test equipment: optical switches, Ethernet testers (XENA), Tektronix Digital Video Tester, BERTs, Optical and Electrical Switches, Optical Power Meters, Variable Optical Attenuators
• Skilled in the use of common test bench equipment such as multimeters, DAQs, oscilloscopes, power supplies, RF and optical spectrum analyzers
• Hands-on and extremely strong in system bring-up, troubleshooting, calibration, etc.
• High level of expertise in NI LabVIEW with certifications, C/C++, VB
• Experience in reading schematics
• Experience in test equipment failure analysis and troubleshooting skills in a production environment.
• Experience with prototyping solutions and bench testing methodology
• Experience in testing to MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-1275, RTCA/DO-160 and IPC-610 requirements.
• Position primarily supports Glendale facility. Some support in Anaheim may be required.
• Able to handle ITAR data.
• Must be US Citizen or have Green Card.
• Bachelor’s Degree in EE, CS, Physics, Mathematics or related field
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com