Non-Profit Government Grants Writer
Pasadena, CA | Temporary to Permanent
Experienced Government Grants Writer reports to the Director of Business & Program Development and is responsible for the coordination, research, writing, and submission of all government grant applications and grant compliance reports for government funding. The position is also responsible for assisting program staff with research relevant to new and/or modified proposal development.
• Coordinates, researches, writes and edits the completion and timely submission of government grant proposals in conjunction with program staff, the Director of Business & Program Development and the Executive Management Team in order to raise budgeted revenue.
• Provides leadership as a key member of the government grant writing team, having responsibility for coordinating, writing, compiling and submitting government grants.
• Works with the Director of Business & Program Development, the Director of Foundation Grants and the program directors and managers to determine goals, objectives, scope, feasibility,
• funding needs and priorities for programs.
• Researches new funding and grant opportunities that may be appropriate for the Agency and brings that to the attention of the Director of Business & Program Development.
• Initiates and assists with research of prospective government foundations by using internet and hardcopy resources, newspapers, journals, magazines, etc. Maintains prospect files.
• Establishes a research library, maintains grant files and maintains a calendar showing grants submitted, pending, and report deadlines. Maintains collateral material for submission with grant applications.
• Stays informed and updated on current public and private grant availability, and foundation practices and procedures and informs staff of matters that will benefit them in their work and on behalf of the Agency.
• $ 60,000 to $ 65,000
Benefits: Excellent Benefit package
• 3+ years of experience in professional writing. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in government grant writing where a project has been funded.
• Experience performing internet or hardcopy research where results have been used in support of a written proposal.
• Excellent research, writing, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to write and work under time pressure.
• Computer and internet literate.
Minimum Required experience:
• Previous Government Grant Writing experience
• Bachelor’s degree
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com