Principal R&D Engineer – Class III Medical Device - Carlsbad, CA
Carlsbad, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 68309-TM
KEY WORDS: R&D, research, development, medical device, FDA, Solidworks, design, prototype, fabrication, mechanical, project manager, ISO 13485, catheter, balloon.
JOB DESCRIPTION: TriStaff is partnering with a rapidly growing class III medical device company in Carlsbad, CA to find a qualified Principal R&D Engineer for its team. This person will be responsible for design and development on their next generation product line so should have prior experience taking a medical device project from start to completion. This person must be self-driven and comfortable working independently with little supervision. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved with a growing company working on innovative products in the medical device industry!
• Lead a medical device project from concept (“clean sheet of paper”) to design validation
• Work with all departments to create designs for new products, product revisions, and product line extensions.
• Implement design in accordance with design control procedures and quality system
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
• $ 100,000 to $ 120,000
• Annual Bonus
• Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision
• Bonus plan
• Stock options
• PTO and holiday pay
• Must have experience taking at least one medical device project from concept to completion
• Must be proficient with Solidworks and be able to provide samples of CAD drawings and prototypes
• Prior patents are preferred
• Must be motivated and self-driven
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience in the medical device industry (catheter or balloon technology experience preferred)
• Class III Medical device experience required
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com