Relationship Manager (LA)
Los Angeles, CA 90001 | Direct Hire
Makes and services all types of business and individual loans and lines of credit, both secured and unsecured. Calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business relationships. Keeps informed as to the status of loans in their portfolio. Provides subordinate officers with guidance; provides financial counsel to current and prospective customers. Handles the more complex accounts and makes credit decisions independently
1. Assists with administering aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program; assists independent, state and federal regulator auditor inquiries.
2. Maintains proficient knowledge of the rules and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC.
3. Assists in the preparation of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) with related narrative and supporting documentation and forwards to their direct manager. Responds to inquiries and provide explanations to differentiate suspicious activity from non-suspicious activity.
4. Interviews applicants, prospective customers, and existing customers to develop information concerning their business, needs, desires, abilities and earnings to determine their availability for a loan and banking relationship.
5. Determines types of loans and terms within established lending limits, or makes recommendations to approving supervisor.
6. Provides financial advice and counsel to customers and prospective customers.
7. Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
8. Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
9. Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations.
10. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time and supports the Bank’s goals and values. Provides supervision and support to all areas of the department where service or assistance is needed; oversees activities of assigned staff.
11. Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions.
12. Regular and reliable attendance is required.
13. Maintain confidentiality of customer account information.
14. Other duties as assigned. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• $90,000 to $130,000 per year
• Comprehensive Benefit Package
• Bachelor’s degree from a college or university; or related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced experience, knowledge and training in all operational and lending activities and terminology.
• Advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank operational and lending policies and procedures, and the Bank’s products and services.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
• Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; host computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
• Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
• Excellent math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
• Exceptional sales skills with the proven ability to close a deal.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to make credit decisions..
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
• Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
• Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree