Senior C++ Computational Physics/Math Developer for Semiconductor Applications
Boston, MA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 68318 -TJ
KEY WORDS: semiconductor, 3D, C++
JOB DESCRIPTION: Our Client builds innovative software products to solve semiconductor technology challenges. Their 3D modeling software is revolutionizing the way that semiconductor chips are fabricated around the world. Enabled by their core intellectual property – an accelerated 3D voxel modeling and visualization engine – their software is evolving fast as their business and customer base expands rapidly.
• Research, prototype and characterize numerical methods for simulation of physical phenomena associated with fabrication and/or behavior of nano-scale semiconductor devices
• Implement new numerical methods in C++, using and extending existing modeling infrastructure and APIs
• Optimize algorithms for speed, including profiling and parallel implementation
• Participate in general software engineering tasks, including verification, testing, bug fixing and maintenance of existing code
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$ 100K to $ 150K
• Bonus: 10% - 20 % Depending on experience level.
• 3 weeks vaca to start, 4 weeks after 5 years cap at 20 days
• 401K match up to 3%
• Vision, Dental, Life
• Laid Back Culture –Casual office
• Flex hours – remote up to 2 days per week
• Performance bonus
Required Qualifications (all of the following):
• PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with strong understanding of semiconductor device behavior and carrier transport in semiconductors.
• Direct experience in implementation of numerical simulation algorithms in three dimensions (finite-element, finite-volume, boundary element, etc.) for physical simulation.
• Direct experience with implementation of software solutions for non-linear partial differential equations
• Strong C++ coding skills, including use of the standard template library
• Strong math skills, including a thorough knowledge of linear algebra and calculus
• Desire to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from a team
Desirable Qualifications (any of the following):
• Experience with Monte Carlo or semiclassical modeling techniques
• General knowledge of semiconductor processing technology
• Experience solving systems outside of the semiconductor space such as convection-diffusion or stress/strain
• Experience in modeling or fabrication of nanoscale semiconductor devices
• Experience with cross-platform development, on Windows and Linux.
• Experience with one or more of: Boost, STL, C++11 or later, Python.
• PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with focus on numerical physics