Senior Data Engineer - Data Modeling, Columnar Databases, MPP
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17061301- P
KEY WORDS: senior software engineer, database architect, cloud architect, data architect, staff software engineer, software developer, lead software engineer, scala, Hadoop, spark, map reduce, solr, big data, analytics, parallel processing, cluster, cloud, Java, AWS, Amazon Web Services, EC2, Aurora, Erwin, data modeling, data structures, multi-threaded, multi-process, programming, distributed systems, UNIX/Linux, High-performance, Query execution algorithms, in-memory, disk-based sorting, join processing, Analytic SQL functions, Massive parallel processing, MPP, high-performance computing (HPC) systems, gaming, game development, web services, web-service, Redshift,, JDBC, ODBC, SQL, PostgreSQL, business intelligence, datawarehouse, datalake, data lake, data warehouse, S3, I/O
The R&D Division of established Big Data Analytics Company in the Entertainment Industry is hiring a new Senior Data Engineer / Data Architect. You’ll work on new features for their cloud based platform based on an AWS Redshift cluster. They are looking for smart engineer who is familiar with Redshift or any other similar technologies, such as PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, and Scala.
They are creating a revolutionary advertising based platform and are still choosing the technologies to use, so you can bring your clustered-environment and parallel processing expertise to the table!
As a key contributor to the Big Data Services Team, you will participate in the development and support of a Big Data collection, processing and presentation platform for a brand new product suite. This means you’ll be working on new architecture and innovative features, not legacy code.
You will help design, develop and support Redshift databases that enable the presentation of reports and analytics to their entertainment customers. These data analytics reports allow customers to analyze consumer behaviors in a totally revolutionary way.
They function in an agile environment and are focused on creating quality solutions that are robust, scalable, and extensible.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small and very stable company who has been in business for over 17 years and be an early hire in their new “startup” division. You’ll thus have the support and backing of a stable company but the flexibility and opportunity of a startup. And, if you love cutting edge technologies, you will also have a chance to be part of the emerging revolution in the convergence of advertising and digital entertainment!
Their culture fosters a non-political family atmosphere and thus has a very low attrition rate (average of 7+ years of tenure). The Executive Management Team is naturally collaborative, and has created a low-ego, thoughtful, intelligent, and respectful environment where you will feel at ease and be able to thrive.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
• Interpret product requirements and specifications.
• Perform Logical data modeling to visualize data relationship requirements.
• Generate and maintain data dictionary.
• Translate Logical data models into Physical data models that conform to physical naming standards.
• Work with other Data Service Team members to create optimized Physical models for a variety of data loading and reporting use cases.
• Generate DDL scripts and deploy to dev, test and production databases. Generate and maintain detailed data dictionary.
• Create scripts for loading and unloading data, and for data analysis and validation.
• Assist in the creation of reporting queries and in query optimization.
• Maintain high availability operation of the database to ensure data accuracy, integrity and security, including a regular schedule of quality control and data backup.
Salary Range: $100,000 to $140,000
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Relaxed and supportive environment.
• At least 4 years data modeling experience creating both Logical and Physical ERDs.
• Hands-on expertise deploying and maintaining database schemas in a large-scale production environment including tables, views, indexes and constraints.
• Extensive SQL and query performance tuning for large data volumes.
• Understanding of database concepts like permission grants, sessions, transactions, locks and security groups.
• Superior team communication and collaboration skills and a willingness and ability to work to common deadlines.
• Experience with enterprise-level data modeling tools (such as ER Studio or ERWin).
• Experience with database administration: installation, backups, support and performance tuning.
• Experience with AWS Redshift or other large columnar data stores.
• Experience with any of the following is also helpful: Big Data platforms, data processing, AWS
• BS degree or equivalent experience is required. MS or PhD highly preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com