Senior Java Developer – Big Data Platform, Top VC Backed Startup
San Diego, CA
Fast growth, VC-Backed Startup based in San Diego is hiring a stellar Senior Java Developer to their team! They are creating a disruptive technology within a $40B industry (in the U.S. alone) that addresses an underserved area with patented technologies that impact transportation, retail, and logistics for small and medium businesses.
This is a rare opportunity to be an early addition in a well-funded startup that is heralded to be San Diego’s next “tech startup unicorn”, so please only apply if you’re the type of engineer who would thrive in a flexible and nimble startup environment.
If you are an exceptional Java Software Developer who wants to work on a lot of brand new architecture and development for advanced web and mobile applications – this is ideal for you! You’ll also be able to work on the underlying algorithms (if that’s of interest) that are used by tens of thousands of customers on a daily basis.
The current team is made up of a small group of bright developers who are passionate about creating innovative solutions. This is a very collaborative and tightknit team who has followed each other to multiple startups, so there is an excellent track record of teamwork and camaraderie awaiting you!
Send your resume for review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com) if you are someone who wants to evoke positive change in the world using revolutionary technology, love to mobilize and motivate people, build inspired things, and solve difficult problems with likeminded people.
This is a full-time position based in San Diego, CA. Company will relocate qualified candidate.
- Take ownership of key components of their platform and applications
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and tune applications
- Implement high-quality, well-documented, test-driven, robust, and maintainable code
- Develop automated tests (unit, integration, performance) and write testable code
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle in a fast-paced, dynamic, truly agile workflow
- Work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment
- Analyze requirements and use cases, decomposing them into specific technical, functional, and implementation tasks with high-level effort estimates; write specification documents as needed
- Develop new functionality, application components, APIs, and infrastructure
- Develop responsive and dynamic web user interfaces
- Utilize SQL and relational database tools to manage and persist application state and user data.
- Apply modern open source tools and frameworks where appropriate
- Make recommendations regarding the development of new code, reuse or refactoring of existing code, and use of 3rd party and/or open source frameworks
$100,000 to $125,000 base DOE
- Significant Pre-IPO Stock Options/Equity
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Relocation expenses for qualified candidate.
- Exceptional problem solving, analysis, and communication skills
- Assimilating new information, understanding complex topics, and using judgment to make sound technical decisions
- Web application development and modern frameworks (e.g. React, Angular2)
- Linux server environments in production
- Git, modern IDEs and build/deployment tools (e.g. Maven, SBT, Docker)
- GCP, AWS, or equivalent IAAS and PAAS cloud services
- SQL and relational database fundamentals
- Design of database schemas, data modeling, and data access technologies and patterns
- Practical application of object-oriented and concurrent programming and use of design patterns
- Modern open source frameworks (e.g. MVC, IoC, REST)
- Designing mission critical, scalable, and fault tolerant web applications
- End-to-end debugging and performance tuning
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Engineering, Mathematics, or related degree.
KEY WORDS: android, mobile, wireless, software engineer, software developer, principal, lead, architect, enterprise, software, security, iOS, java engineer, mobile software, security, principal engineer, principle, team lead, lead software engineer, java developer, java engineer, TCP/IP, protocols, Karaf, Eclipse, Hibernate, Spring, SQL, middleware, backend, server, server-side, MEAN, C#, .NET, C#.NET, REST, RESTful, API’s, Web Services, multithreaded, Lync, SDK, SaaS, big data, data analytics, React, Solr, webservices, fullstack engineer, fullstack developer