Senior Java Software Engineer – Distributed Systems, Web Services
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17060101 - P
KEY WORDS: senior software engineer, architect, staff software engineer, software developer, lead software engineer, scala, Hadoop, spark, map reduce, solr, big data, analytics, parallel processing, cluster, cloud, Java, algorithms, data structures, multi-threaded, multi-process, programmer, programming, distributed systems, UNIX/Linux, High-performance disk i/o, Communications/networking protocols, Query execution algorithms, in-memory, disk-based sorting, join processing, Analytic SQL functions, Massive parallel processing, MPP, high-performance computing (HPC) systems, gaming, game development, web services, web-service
The R&D Division of established Big Data Analytics Company in the Entertainment Industry is hiring a new Senior Software Engineer. You’ll work on SaaS based middleware using technologies such as Java, Spark, Hadoop, Map Reduce, and Scala. They are creating a revolutionary advertising based platform and are still choosing the technologies to use, so you can bring your clustered-environment and parallel processing expertise to the table!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and develop web-service based big data applications and will influence architectural strategies and development efforts for data processing middleware. They function in an agile environment and are focused on creating quality solutions that are robust, scalable, and extensible.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small and very stable company who has been in business for over 17 years and be an early hire in their new “startup” division. You’ll thus have the support and backing of a stable company but the flexibility and opportunity of a startup. And, if you love cutting edge technologies, you will also have a chance to be part of the emerging revolution in the convergence of advertising and digital entertainment!
Their culture fosters a non-political family atmosphere and thus has a very low attrition rate (average of 7+ years of tenure). The Executive Management Team is naturally collaborative, and has created a low-ego, thoughtful, intelligent, and respectful environment where you will feel at ease and be able to thrive.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
• Lead performance tuning and diagnose/resolve technical issues.
• Design and implement error handling mechanisms to ensure system stability and security.
• Improve best practices in terms of code architecture, unit testing, database, and technical designs.
• Design and implement solutions across multiple layers of the technology stack, including data processing, database, web services, network, and user security.
• Assist UI and client side engineers to assure the system meets overall goals.
• Perform integration testing and assist QA on large projects.
• Contribute to requirements analysis, project estimation, design, coding, and testing.
• Suggest and implement third party libraries and software in the product when appropriate.
• Deliver applications that meet performance and scalability goals of the project.
• $100,000 to $135,000
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Relaxed and supportive environment.
• Must have 5+ years of programming experience in a commercial Product Development environment
• Hands on experience with Java, Python, or other modern data processing and manipulation programming tools/skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills which facilitate team work
• Experience or interest in working in a startup type environment, smaller teams, multiple hats, etc.
• Experience developing software products using Scala for Spark parallel processing cluster environments
• Demonstrated strength working with large scale distributed database systems, transaction processing, and parallel processing in a cluster-computing environment (i.e., Map Reduce, Spark)
• Experience with the AWS EMR
• Experience delivering SaaS, big data analytics systems, and visualization dashboards
• BS degree or equivalent experience is required. MS or PhD highly preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com