Senior Java Software Engineer – Predictive Analytics Platform
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17072001 - P
Fast growth, VC-Backed Startup based in San Diego is hiring a stellar Senior Java Developer to their team! This is ideal for the type of engineer who thrives in a flexible and nimble startup environment and loves solving difficult problems. This is a rare opportunity to be an early addition in a well-funded company that will likely be San Diego’s next big startup success story!
They are creating a disruptive predictive analytics platform within a $40B space (in the U.S. alone) that addresses an underserved industry. Their patented technologies will impact transportation, retail, and logistics for across multiple businesses.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer, you will work on mostly brand new features for innovative web based applications. You’ll also be able to work on the underlying algorithms (if that’s of interest) and mobile applications that will be used by tens of thousands of customers on a daily basis.
The current team is made up of a small group of bright developers who are passionate about creating innovative solutions. This is a very collaborative and tightknit team who have followed each other to multiple startups, so there is an excellent track record of teamwork and camaraderie awaiting you!
Send your resume for review to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are someone who wants to evoke positive change in the world using revolutionary technology, love to mobilize and motivate people, build inspired things, and solve difficult problems with likeminded people.
This is a full-time position based in San Diego, CA. Company will relocate qualified candidate.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and optimize applications
• Implement high-quality, well-documented, test-driven, robust, and maintainable code
• Develop automated tests (unit, integration, performance) and write testable code
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle in a fast-paced, dynamic, truly agile workflow
• Work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment
• Take ownership of key components of their platform and applications
• Analyze requirements and use cases, decomposing them into specific technical, functional, and implementation tasks with high-level effort estimates; write specification documents as needed
• Develop new functionality, application components, APIs, and infrastructure
• Develop responsive and dynamic web user interfaces
• Utilize SQL and relational database tools to manage and persist application state and user data.
• Apply modern open source tools and frameworks where appropriate
• Make recommendations regarding the development of new code, reuse or refactoring of existing code, and use of 3rd party and/or open source frameworks
• $100,000 to $130,000 base DOE
Significant Pre-IPO Stock Options/Equity
Comprehensive health benefits
Relocation expenses for qualified candidate.
• Exceptional problem solving, analysis, and communication skills
• Assimilating new information, understanding complex topics, and using judgment to make sound technical decisions
• Web application development and modern frameworks (e.g. React, Angular2)
• Linux server environments in production
• Git, modern IDEs and build/deployment tools (e.g. Maven, SBT, Docker)
• GCP, AWS, or equivalent IAAS and PAAS cloud services
• SQL and relational database fundamentals
• Design of database schemas, data modeling, and data access technologies and patterns
• Practical application of object-oriented and concurrent programming and use of design patterns
• Modern open source frameworks (e.g. MVC, IoC, REST)
• Designing mission critical, scalable, and fault tolerant web applications
• End-to-end debugging and performance tuning
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
KEY WORDS: software engineer, software developer, principal, lead, architect, enterprise, software, security, iOS, java engineer, mobile software, security, principal engineer, principle, team lead, lead software engineer, java developer, java engineer, TCP/IP, protocols, Karaf, Eclipse, Hibernate, Spring, SQL, middleware, backend, server, server-side, MEAN, C#, .NET, C#.NET, REST, RESTful, API’s, Web Services, multithreaded, Lync, SDK, SaaS, big data, data analytics, React, Solr, webservices, fullstack engineer, fullstack developer, android, mobile, wireless, scala
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com