Senior/Lead Embedded Software Engineer – C/C++, Real-time Media Processing
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17071001 - P
The R&D Division of established Technology Company in the Entertainment & Media Industry is hiring a new Lead or Staff level Embedded Software Engineer. You’ll work on new features for their software applications that run on a range of consumer electronics devices and real-time media processing systems.
As a key contributor to the Embedded Software Engineering Team, you will participate in the development of applications enabling an emerging revolution in the convergence of video content delivery, consumer electronics, big data, and digital entertainment.
This is a rare opportunity to join a very stable company that has been in business for over 18 years as a key technical contributor to a new “startup” division. You’ll thus have the support and backing of a stable company, but enjoy the flexibility, pace, and growth opportunities offered in a smaller startup environment!
Their culture fosters a non-political family atmosphere and thus has a very low attrition rate (average of 7+ years of tenure). The Executive Management Team is naturally collaborative, and has created a low-ego, thoughtful, intelligent, and respectful environment where you will feel at ease and be able to thrive.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Please apply only if you are local to San Diego or actively in process of relocating.
• Specify, design, implement, and enhance media processing application middleware for consumer electronics products and computer-based professional digital media processing systems.
• Provide technical leadership in regards to design, implementation, optimization, and integration in a cross-platform embedded and object oriented environment.
• Create and interpret engineering specifications.
• Design and implement code with attention to software security issues.
• Conduct reviews of these specifications with lead designers and peers. Implement software systems and components using C and C++.
• Perform integration, validation, and unit testing of these software components.
• Support the release of libraries and integrated systems to QA engineers in the validation process.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$110,000 to $145,000
• Matching 401K
• Performance bonus
• Pre-IPO equity
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and LTD benefits
• PTO/Vacation: 3 weeks to start, and all major holidays.
• Must have 9+ years commercial software development experience with strong coding skills in C and C++.
• Must have experience with or knowledge of an Agile / Scrum environment.
• Must have experience in embedded applications, firmware, and related types of projects.
• Interest or experience with technical leadership, architectural decision making, and/or technical management highly preferred.
• Experience turning detailed technical algorithms into efficient software implementations
• Demonstrated strength in cross platform software development (Mac, Linux, etc.).
• Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Team player with a self-motivated can-do attitude, fast learning capability, strong problem-solving skills, and an ability to multi-task
Preferred, not required, Qualifications:
• Experience with audio signal processing and/or audio processing development environments preferred.
• Experience with video signal process or similar communications processing are also preferred.
• Experience developing system-level software for real time media processing applications preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field required. Masters or other graduate degrees highly preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: software engineer, embedded engineer, firmware engineer, firmware, embedded, lead, architect, staff software engineer, principal software engineer, principle software engineer, software developer, consumer electronics, devices, wireless, video, settop box, settop, streaming media, streaming video, mobile devices, big data, analytics, video signal processing, audio signal processing, RTOS, real-time, real time, security, algorithms, manager, technical lead, multimedia, entertainment, television, smart tv’s, dvr, vod, video on demand, digital media, C, C++, C/C++, object oriented, agile, scrum, java