Senior Network Engineer – Hybrid Cloud Applications, Linux, Windows
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17091901 - P
San Diego based Technology Leader in the predictive analytics space is hiring a new Senior Network and Applications Engineer for their blended environment - hybrid Cloud and Windows/Linux OS’s.
This established, cutting edge company is developing applications that allow for large corporations to optimize employee wellness using their patented big data analytics, computer vision and business intelligence tools.
This Networking and Applications Infrastructure focused role is ideal for someone who loves working with multiple technologies while also staying on the cutting edge of technology. Their team is still growing, so you’ll have ample opportunity for technical and career growth on a team of eight other engineers (250 total in San Diego).
They are implementing new automated build and monitoring systems using Nagios, Ansible, Python, etc. to solve fault and performance issues. You will support their 24/7/365 network and application performance and reliability across multiple environments across the globe.
TO APPLY: send your resume to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for confidential review. This is a critical hire and will require someone to be based onsite in San Diego, CA.
• Administration of company’s system and network infrastructure, including server hardware (experience with Cisco UCS and Dell server preferably) and network devices (i.e.: Cisco and Aruba Switches, F5 Load balancers, Vyatta Firewalls, Cisco Call Manager and VoIP phones, Wi-Fi access points).
• Administration of storage infrastructure - SAN and NAS (Network Appliance and PureStorage)
• Management of server software, focused on Windows Server 2012 R2/2008, Hyper-V, Active Directory and Group Policy Administration.
• Develop and management of fault and performance monitoring tools such as Nagios, cacti, collectd, splunk, as well as automation for system and application administration tasks.
• Provide application support (responding to alerts & tech support escalations as needed) for hundreds of systems and over fifty enterprise-scale and custom applications.
Salary: $100-130K base DOE
• Excellent health benefits and wellness benefits (onsite exercise options)
• Dog friendly!
• Copious free snacks and drinks
• Minimum 5 years administering 24/7/365 production Windows services in a datacenter environment.
• Must have 2+ years’ experience building and managing cloud based services (AWS or Azure preferred).
• Minimum of 2 years in Linux environment, Centos preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years in datacenter networking role, including load balancing, routing, VPN, etc.
• Solid professional experience building/implementing monitoring/alerting/trending tools.
• Current hands-on experience using scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, Perl)
• Database experience (SQL Server, MySQL) preferred, including SQL and DBA concepts and duties.
• Additional Preferred Experience:
Telco/ISP/cellular provider experience.
Familiarity with the SDLC and Agile processes and application troubleshooting based on the application source code.
Experience in security best practices for applications, systems and communications.
• B.S. Degree (Computer Science or Information Systems preferred) or equivalent experience
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: network engineer, senior network engineer, systems engineer, senior systems engineer, systems administrator, big data, Hadoop, Cassandra, AWS, Azure, SQL Server, Windows, VMware, Centos, Citrix, VPN, SAN, LAN, Agile, SaaS, Telco, Telecom, ISP, data center, datacenter, python, PowerShell, Perl, Nagios, Ansible, DevOps, automation, continuous integration, continuous deployment, load balancing, predictive analytics, machine learning, applications support, Network Appliance, NetApp, Security, routing, networking, DBA, PureStorage