San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17052501-P
Thriving Technology Company developing a revolutionary platform for digital video and big data analytics is seeking a Staff or Senior UI Software Engineer! You will be one of the first key software hires tasked with architecting a new cloud based platform and building out the team.
This role will work closely with senior level backend software and systems engineers, product managers, and data scientists. You will be focused on the presentation layer UI for their web based platform. If you are more versatile, you’ll have the opportunity to work on the FullStack as well – this is a role where you can stretch your programming wings!
Their software will capture massive amounts of data about content consumption and other data points for their entertainment based clients. You will have a chance to work with brilliant engineers and scientists on challenges that have never been solved before, and be part of the emerging revolution in the convergence of advertising and digital entertainment!
This is a rare opportunity to join a small and very stable company who has been in business for over 15 years and be part of a product innovation team, which is a “startup” division funded by other revenues. You’ll thus have the support and backing of a stable company but the flexibility and opportunity of a startup
Additionally, if you like working in a culture that fosters a non-political family atmosphere, has a very low attrition rate (average of 7+ years tenure), and a solid executive team with ongoing commitment to push the envelope with new technologies… this is the role for you!
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
• Drive the product architecture and development activities for Web based Products and Services.
• Contribute to architectural strategies and development efforts for web services middleware and the presentation layer, and ensure these strategies are being applied in an AGILE environment.
• Translate technical requirements into an overall solution that is robust, scalable, and extensible.
• Conduct performance tuning and diagnose/resolve obscure technical compatibility issues.
• Anticipate technical risks and design/implement error handling and other mitigation techniques to ensure system stability and security. Improve best practices in terms of code architecture, unit testing, database, and technical designs. Lead the design and implementation of the system as the main UI/UX lead.
• Perform integration testing and assist QA on large projects. Perform requirements analysis, project estimation, architecture, design, coding, and testing.
• Participate in and prototype broader product designs going across modules and projects.
• Suggest and implement third party tools, libraries and software in the product when appropriate.
• Deliver applications that meet performance and scalability goals of the project.
• Lead the development from Proof of Concept to production code.
$100,000 to $140,000 DOE
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Flexible work culture
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in a commercial Software Product Development environment
• Must have Agile/SCRUM experience.
• Experience programming business intelligence presentation-layer and visualization tools such as D3 (ideal), or Tableau, Sisense, Qlik, etc. is a plus
• Demonstrated strength developing User Interface and User Experience (UI, UX) presentation layers for large scale eCommerce websites or enterprise-scale applications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills which facilitate team work
• Experience delivering SaaS, data analytics systems and visualization dashboards or similar complex modern software platform preferred.
• BS degree highly preferred; MS or PhD CS/EE preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com