Technical Manager Software Engineering – C#.NET, Healthcare SaaS
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 170717001 - P
JOB DESCRIPTION: Established Healthcare Software Company is looking for a Technical Software Manager. If you enjoy acting as a “player/coach” for a smart C#.NET software development team, we want to hear from you! They are growing quickly due to multiple new product features in the pipeline, so if you are looking for a leadership role in stable company that acts like a nimble startup – we want to hear from you!
They are creating best-in-class web based applications and mobile apps to improve doctor’s interactions with their patients and create new efficiencies in their practices. They are industry leaders in creating highly customized EHR, practice management, patient engagement, and medical records applications and are using the latest Microsoft technologies.
You’ll manage and provide technical direction to hand-picked team of talented, motivated individuals who are passionate about developing high quality software products. There are currently 7 engineers, and they will be adding 3-5 more during the coming months. This multifaceted team works on all areas of the applications, including mobile apps, frontend or backend development, DevOps, and Automated Tools.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader, collaborative, curious, creative, versatile, organized, and is intrinsically motivated to continuously improve themselves and others around them. If you are also very committed to quality and use TDD practices, that’s awesome too!
What makes this company unique is that the average tenure of software engineers and managers is over eight years, which is over double of the industry standard! This is due to their commitment to providing challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
• Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to the development team.
• Oversee code deployment process, ensuring sufficient change testing, defect tracking and coverage for after-hours support.
• Build relationships with business stakeholders, infrastructure teams, other IT teams and vendors. Drive projects and improvement activities across the extended team(s).
• Manage development of Cloud-based web services using technologies, such as C#.NET, AngularJS, Azure, and SQL.
• Evaluate requirements of feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Analyze product requirements and create software architectures and designs.
• Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems.
• Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning.
• Mentor and grow superstar Software Engineers to take on increasingly higher responsibilities.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Local candidates only, please.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$120K to $160K + performance bonus
• Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
• 3 weeks PTO
• Matching 401K
• Casual, supportive, and flexible work environment.
• Must have minimum of 2 years management or technical leadership experience over a team of software and QA Engineers
• Must have minimum of 10 years of hands-on software development experience with proven track record of delivering results.
• Must have 2+ years’ experience managing software teams that develop or maintain web-based, SaaS, or cloud based business applications.
• Working knowledge of both traditional and Agile software development methodologies.
• Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
• Able to lead complex technical discussions with developers and engineers, building consensus and creating action plans.
• High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Support, and Senior Leadership
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
• BS Degree in Computer Science preferred.
KEY WORDS: PaaS, Development Manager, Software Manager, Software Engineering Manager, Manager Software Engineering, Producer, Senior Producer, Director Software Engineering, Software Engineering Director, agile, analytics, web analytics, SaaS, Software as a Service, cloud, AngularJS, C#.NET, .NET, Microsoft, ASP.NET, API’s, ecommerce, big data, virtualization, Azure, VMware, networks, devices, HPC, software engineer, architect, software developer, web developer, SQLServer, healthcare, medical, mobile apps, iOS
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com