Sr. or Chief Estimator/Proj Manager MV/LV Switchgear (600V – 39,000V)
Los Angeles, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 68555 - TJ
KEY WORDS: Low/Medium Voltage Switchgear, Estimating, Take offs, bussing, bracing, components.
JOB DESCRIPTION: TriStaff is partnering with this premier provider of Medium Voltage Switchgear, distribution and control equipment to add to their Estimation Team.
• Estimate and quotations of Medium Voltage Switchgear projects.
Establish personal networks and relationships with customers, suppliers, and manufacturers
Interfacing with customer at time of request for quotation
Reviewing & analyzing customer’s documents
- Electrical Specification for MCSG, MEIS & SWBD Etc.
- Single Line Diagram (CBs, protection relays, meters, special function devices etc.)
- Blue prints (Plan drawings and other related drawings)
Compile bill of materials utilizing knowledge of product to be manufactured
Research prior to submitting quotation that involves identifying customer requirements and performance standards, determining product specifications, and researching manufacturing alternatives
Operate the MS Office software tools to calculate estimates
Collaborate with engineers, architects, owners, and contractors on estimates
Submit quotation to customer
Prepare submittals and cut sheets for approval purposes
Receive order from customer
Prepare project traveler and submit job to engineering for design.
Project executing and managing the awarded job through to final acceptance by customer
Act as liaison between customer and all production departments in facilitating pertinent information in the interests of moving the project along expeditiously.
Prepare O&M (operation and maintenance) manuals if required by project
Evaluate a product’s cost effectiveness or profitability
Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time and raw material, equipment, and labor expenses
Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training
Analyze quotation activity to determine how to increase success ratio
Review lost opportunities for feedback to modify future quotes for increased success
Periodically issue list of quotes to be issued or already issued
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$60Kto $100K + Commission
• Must possess intimate knowledge of low/medium voltage switchgear, how to size it, bussing, relaying, components.
• Must have the ability to read specifications, blueprints and do project take offs.
• Must have Medium Voltage (600V – 39,000V) Metal Clad Switchgear Experience.
• Analyzing Information , Estimating, Planning, Reporting Research Results, Strategic Planning, Attention to Detail, Informing Others, Requirements Analysis, Customer interface.
• BSEE or MSEE preferred