VP of Operations – On-Demand Mobile App, Logistics, Transportation
San Diego, CA | Direct Hire
JOB #: 17081601 - P
KEY WORDS: Director of Operations, Senior Director of Operations, VP Operations, VP Call Center, VP Customer Service, VP Contact Center, VP Inside Sales, vice president, call center, technology, software, operations services, operations strategy, Director of Call Center, Senior Director, account management, client services manager, client services, customer success, mobile, SaaS, logistics, transportation, nationwide, national, NEMT, healthcare, franchises, retail, distribution, supply chain, software, “on demand”, mobile apps, on demand apps, Vendor Operations, Logistics Transformation team, Supply Chain Optimization
Growing and Profitable Tech Startup is hiring a VP of Operations to their leadership team. Their Enterprise scale SaaS and On Demand Mobile App platform enables Healthcare Companies to become more innovative, adopt new and more efficient operational models, gather critical data, and create new revenue streams.
They have multiple long-term subscription-based contracts with major healthcare providers and government organizations and are growing quickly. Thus, this is a rare opportunity to work in a fun and flexible startup environment, and also enjoy the stability that comes with significant positive growth and revenues YOY.
This role is ideal for a highly analytical leader who is comfortable working with data and statistics, business intelligence and modeling, and operational analytics funnels. To be successful, you will utilize your experience transforming and optimizing areas such as vendor operations & logistics, transportation, recruiting/retention processes, supply chain, distribution, new market and product launches, and deep understanding of technology and automation.
You will oversee multiple nationally based offices that work in conjunction with the San Diego based operations team to respond to customers’ real-time logistics and transportation needs.
If you are someone who wants to evoke positive change in the world using technology, love to mobilize and motivate people, build inspired things, and solve difficult problems with likeminded people, we want to hear from you!
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Company will relocate qualified candidate. *Please read qualifications below and only apply if you meet main requirements. This role requires approx. 50% travel to work with their regional offices.
Deliver strong leadership for regional and local market offices, identify unique “on the ground” and unique market challenges, and help remove barriers to provide superior service to customers.
Support the local offices with public relations, special interest groups, legislators, and 3rd party providers to create superior community partnerships
Work as a partner with local office leadership to set goals, create financial and operational performance targets and build a high performing culture
Oversee Localized Market Strategy to build out detailed market/regional office operational plan template, iteratively improve and refine
Oversee Supply organization to ensure appropriate, cost effective supply is available in all markets, including overseeing the strategy around drivers, logistics and transportation networks.
Build and manage financial and operational plans for local offices and each customer (as needed), including supply optimization
Collaborate with Finance team to build budget and performance targets and forecasts for each local office; create a system of visibility and accountability to performance
Work with Operations Management and Executive Leadership to understand product roadmap, capabilities, business development goals, and operational/growth plan
Become an expert in their proprietary systems and collaborate with internal Product, Data Science, Platform, and Mobile teams to ensure that those tools are available and understood by local and regional teams and used to their full potential
Work with Legal & Compliance team to understand all operational, legal, and regulatory requirements in markets to ensure that they are factored into operational plans
Understand how to forecast/model trips, modes, utilization, mileage, costs, customer care and driver recruitment, etc., and build and manage reliable pricing and profitability models
Be a bridge between the operational needs of the local businesses and the technology team by making recommendations to assist with tracking/reporting, modeling, analytics, and business intelligence tools and dashboards (for profitability and performance)
• $160,000 to $190,000 base
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Performance bonus/Equity potential
• Relocation expenses for qualified candidate.
• Minimum of 10 years of operational experience, preferably with a technology, SaaS, mobile apps or related company.
• Must have direct experience within one of the following industries: transportation, supply chain, distribution, logistics, shipping, healthcare, or multi-location retailer / franchise businesses.
• Familiarity with on-demand services apps such as DoorDash, Uber, Postmates, etc. is a plus.
• Investment banking, forecasting, venture capital, or other significant financial analysis background a plus.
• Proven ability to build and lead teams and manage competing needs.
• Highly analytical, comfortable working with data and statistics, experience with business intelligence and modeling, and operational analytics funnels
• Comfortable with technology including computers, mobile applications, and software tools. Experience with a SAAS-based platform is a definite plus.
• Must possess some or all of the following demonstrable skills:
o Strategic thinking
o Strong leadership abilities, including the ability to build and manage a team
o Strong technical and quantitative skills
o Analytical and decisive
o Flexible to accommodate changes in the business, strategy, and technology
• Must have ability to travel up to 40% within the U.S.
• Personality Traits: Strong analytical skills, collaborative and communicative, able to deal with uncertainty, committed to ethical behavior, ideally possess a positive and constructive sense of humor, Entrepreneurial nature, non-political, no-ego, pragmatic, level headed, proactive, able to herd cats
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, or related discipline. MBA HIGHLY preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com