San Diego, CA 92121 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18060501-P
KEY WORDS: Purchasing Specialist, Purchasing Assistant, Electronics Manufacturing, Government, Commercial
JOB DESCRIPTION: TriStaff is partnering with their client in San Diego who designs, builds, and operates space camera systems for government and commercial aerospace customers. We are seeking an experienced Purchasing Specialist with a Minimum 4-6 years of experience working in either government OR commercial electronics manufacturing environment.
• Verifies purchase requisitions
• Prepares orders by verifying specifications, price and G/L coding
• Determines applicable sales tax; as well as verifying quote, noting discrepancies and follow up with requestor
• Obtain necessary approvals from company management
• Forwards purchase orders to suppliers and monitors progress of orders from issuance to receipt
• Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers
• Works in conjunction with Camera Systems Group to confirm if RMA’s need to be requested for non-conformance and contacts vendors to request RMA’s for returns or exchanges
• Works in conjunction with accounts payable to make sure proper credits are received for RMA/Returns
• Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation
• Keeps information accessible by forting and filing documents
• Adds, maintains and updates vendor information and sends necessary purchasing documents (i.e.) resale certificates)
• Establishes net terms with new vendors and request W-9
• Provides purchasing planning and control in formation by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• $26.00 to $28.00 per hour
• Temp to Hire Opportunity
• Growing company!
• 4-6 years of experience degree preferred or equivalent experience. Basic accounting skills, preferred. Experience working in a government contractor, electronics manufacturing environment. Prefer experience procuring electronic and optic parts for space related research. Must have high attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to maintain vendor relationships and handle a fast pace environment.
• High School Diploma
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com