AGRIBUSINESS PORTFOLIO MANAGER
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Have you ever thought of working remotely? Do you have a Commercial Banking
background in Agribusiness? If so, this may be the position for you. A $20B regional commercial bank has an immediate need for an Agribusiness Portfolio Manager.
The Sr. Portfolio Manager Ag loans will be responsible underwriting Ag loans and conducting risk management reviews and monitoring the accuracy of client portfolios to establish compliance with loan approval conditions. The incumbent in this position will demonstrate sound underwriting capacity, depth of experience in a wide variety of loan types and complexities, and the ability to manage a portfolio with limited supervision.
- Responsible and accountable for credit underwriting and origination of new credits from existing and/or new customers to include renewals, modifications, and annual reviews. Make appropriate loan structure recommendations.
- Order and/or perform property inspections and/or valuation updates on real estate collateral per Bank policy.
- Monitor credit risk by periodically evaluating financial trends, credit bureau reports, pay habits, covenant compliance and other sources of information of the borrower and guarantor(s); report any adverse situations and make appropriate recommendations.
- Collect updated borrower financial information in accordance with periodic reporting requirements and complete scheduled loan reviews.
- Grade loans based on periodic review of financial or other information or data that may prompt a risk grade change.
- Ensure, by working with the Relationship Managers and the Borrowers, that all correspondence and updated information is maintained in credit files (i.e. approvals, financials reporting and documentation related to renewals, modifications, forbearances and waivers, etc.).
- Collaborate with Relationship Managers on the assigned loan portfolio. • Coordinate with Borrowers on payoffs, line of credit advances, loan draws, etc.
- Authorizes approval up to a specific amount for new loans, renewals and modifications.
- Responsible for performing all job functions with a sense of urgency and in a timely manner.
- Maintain and cultivate an effective working relationship with Internal (loan production staff, branches, and credit administration) and External clients (borrowers, brokers, etc.).
- Responsible for maintaining a positive and professional relationship with customers and business partners (which include third party lenders, attorneys and other external parties) by responding promptly for any and all requests in a responsive, consistent and accurate manner.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the banking industry.
- College degree is preferred.
- Experience underwriting Agricultural loans.
- 7 years of experience in portfolio management; depth of experience in a wide variety of loan types and complexities.
- Relevant work experience in commercial lending function (commercial real estate, construction, small business lending, etc.) preferably within the banking industry.