ASIC Design Engineer (Sr. Staff or Principal Level)
San Diego, CA 92127
The Senior Staff, Principal ASIC Design Engineer is responsible for designing ASIC and FPGA used in cellular connectivity products. Working with cross functional engineering teams (software, hardware and system) on architecture and system validation. Responsible for ASIC and FPGA design, simulation, timing analysis, test, prototyping and qualification. This is a “front end” Engineering position, with experience designing cellular modems, CPU subsystems and peripherals or interfaces such as USB, Ethernet, JESD204B as the main focus. The role must also interface with ASIC backend team, FPGA Synthesis - the backend is outsourced.
- Architecture, design, verification and validation for connectivity products’ ASIC and FPGA
- Support other teams during the development of products
- Proactively identify problems early
- Deliver on schedule
- System Verilog
- Perl, awk, sed scripting
- GIT version control system
- C language
- Cadence simulator, linter and code coverage
- Prime Time static timing analysis
- Xilinx & Intel FPGA tools
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field is required. Preferred is Master’s degree in Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of ASIC & FPGA design.
- Proven successful experience completing multiple ASIC tape-out, preferably as a technical chip leader.
- Proven successful experience completing multiple FPGA designs for ASIC prototyping and products.
- Experience working with other teams (software, hardware, and system).
- WCDMA, LTE & 5G cellular modem
- CPU cores such as RISC V, Altera Nios II, Open Core OR1200, ARM cores etc.
- Experience with design and/or verification of interfaces such as:
- SPI, UART, I2C
- parallel LVCMOS interfaces
- High speed transceivers interfaces such as:
- Good knowledge of C language, for the purpose of writing test code for ASIC and FPGA validation
- Good scripting capability with Perl, Awk, sed etc.
- Generous benefit package, including competitive salary