Accountant/Bookkeeper (Human Resources)
$12.00 - $15.00 per hour Carlsbad, CA 92078
KEY WORDS: Accounting, A/R, A/P, Quotes, Invoices, QuickBooks, Human Resource
JOB DESCRIPTION: TriStaff is partnering with their client; a Software Industrial Security firm. We are seeking qualified candidates who will have a varied background in supporting Accounting (QuickBooks); Human Resources; and Sales Operations. The essential functions of this position are in the order of supporting Accounting with minimal experience in HR and Sales as training will be provided. Should you have an Accounting background PLEASE contact a recruiter TODAY!
Send your resume and call (858) 597-4000.
The Accountant/Bookkeeper performs a variety of accounting tasks (40%), human resource tasks (30%) and sales/business tasks (30%) as relating to employees and the sales operations. A successful candidate will understand the cooperative environment of a small company. This position will develop in response to candidate capabilities and company needs providing an excellent long-term opportunity for growth.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare Customer Quotes and Invoices
- Process A/R and A/P statements/reports weekly
- Preparing vendor checks for signature & mailing
- Preparing GL entries as instructed
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
- Various duties as instructed
Human Resources (Coastal Payroll HR Portal)
- Establish and maintain confidential employee files and employer/business files
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; participating in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Update and maintain Employee Handbook
- Update and maintain Federal/State Employee Policies (includes employee notices and postings in building)
- Assist with company benefit administration to include enrollment forms, plan questions, claims resolution, and open enrollment
- Respond to specific employee questions/concerns regarding benefits and employee policies
- Maintaining inventory files and financial documents using an organized filing system as instructed electronically or non-electronically
- Respond to various information requests from governmental agencies, such as Unemployment, in a timely manner
- Various duties as instructed
- Prepare Customer Quotes and Invoices per company policies
- Distribute collateral, quotes/invoices, responses to sales questions via support system
- Process customer hardware orders and maintenance
- Maintain Hardware (associated software) relationship with vendors
- Assist with office shipping and receiving
- Support processing of training requests, payments and information dissemination with Director of Training
- Schedule/process facilities requests (both building management and internal)
- Support Sales Office Manager, Sr. Sales Associate as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Work for a solid secure company of 35 yrs!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Work/Life balance!
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered
- Two or more years QuickBooks experience (A/R, A/P, General Journal Entries, etc.)
- General understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Working knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must possess proficient ability to communicate in English in oral and written format
- Ability to apply discretion and trust with confidential material
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial data
- Ability to effectively apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time managing skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred- Associates OK