Accounting Supervisor – Growth Opportunity!
San Diego, CA 92128
Do you want to use your expertise continuing to build out processes in a small team with advancement opportunities? Have you completed Cost accounting for manufacturing? Do you want to contribute to overall development of Wireless technology products?
The Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for all essential accounting functions including but not limited to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Journal, reconciliations, month-end closing responsibilities, Ad Hoc reporting, supporting the Controller on technical accounting issues, supervising 2 direct reports, and other duties as assigned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of accounting processes, systems and internal controls to ensure timely and accurate accounting information
- Responsible for the revenue recognition of the company including the reconciliation of revenue and gross margin analysis
- Oversees daily Accounts Receivable activity while monitoring all shipment and
- Manages Accounts Payable invoice processing including checks, wires, and ACH
- Maintains fixed asset ledger including property tax liability
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts timely and accurately for month-end close
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of expenses into correct GL account, department and accounting period
- Reviews and reconciles bi-monthly payroll reports, and records journal entries into
appropriate GL accounts and departments accurately and timely
- Supports and prepares schedules for annual audit and responds to auditor requests
- Ensures all tax compliance deadlines are met, including income taxes, property taxes, etc.
- Generates support schedules for Tax Returns and Provisions, as requested by Tax Provider.
- Provide reports on ad-hoc basis, as well as other deliverables or projects as assigned
- Supports and assists the Controller with monthly, quarterly, and annual activities
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities according to the company policies
- Supports A/P and A/R staff in their duties
- Support Sales department and management by reviewing specifications and estimating development cost and schedule for sales opportunities
- Interface with Sales, Customer Service, and Manufacturing to troubleshoot technical problems. Allocate technical personnel as required.
- Analyze, implement, and refine department-wide initiatives to streamline workflows and improve quality of outputs
- Facilitate departmental responses to external and internal information requests (ZSR)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Ideal candidates will have additional Accounting, Excel and ERP training.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in accounting is required
- 2+ years of supervisory is required
- Proven experience using accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience managing and developing staff is preferred
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferred
- Proven advanced experience in Excel – 50% of position
- Must have proven experience as a successful individual contributor
Medical – HMO and PPO plans
Dental – HMO and PPO plans
Vision – Vision Plan
Life and Disability – Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
Voluntary Options – Supplemental Life and AD&D
Additional Benefits – FSA, HAS, EAP, TAP
Health Club Membership