Administrative Assistant (Carlsbad, CA)
Carlsbad, CA | Contract
JOB #: 17121201-SDS
Administrative Assistant, Office Administrative Assistant
JOB DESCRIPTION: TriStaff is partnering with their client based in Carlsbad, we are seeking an immediate Administrative Assistant to manage their office. The Office Administrator is the central point-person. This role provides administrative support and coordination for the Senior Staff, in addition to the leaders and employees. Responsible for managing company travel and has primary responsibility for the Carlsbad office as it relates to ordering supplies, planning and coordinating events and meetings, supporting facility/safety efforts and welcoming guests when they visit the site. Is expected to be a reliable and trusted administrative resource for the company, support various departments, coordinate travel as well as maintain company contracts and various other administrative tasks.
• Has primary responsibility for maintaining the office environment which includes providing exceptional customer service to all staff, stocking the breakrooms, ordering supplies, general office organization, safety coordination, vendor relations, facility support and guest relations.
• Main company resource for coordinating both domestic and international travel for employees and candidates.
• Maintains and tracks key records, contracts, patents and NDA’s
• Assists in meeting and event planning including company activities/parties, employee and Board of Directors meetings, conferences and other events both on and off site.
• Provides administrative support to the leadership team when needed including calendaring, document preparation, expense reports and other tasks as assigned.
• Partners with IT, Facilities and HR in office space set-up, new hire onboarding, offboarding, candidate travel and interviews, and other tasks as needed.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with more senior internal and external colleagues in own area of expertise.
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other colleagues with limited supervision.
• Responsible for compliance with quality system procedures and all regulatory requirements.
• Consistently promote collaboration, positivity, accountability and resourcefulness.
• Must demonstrate mutual respect, confidentiality, ongoing communication and a positive outlook with both internal team members and customers.
• $70,000 - $75,000 per year
• Great opportunity with a growing medical device company - Temp to Hire OR Direct depending on experience.
• Work with top talent who love to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment!
• The company provides a full range of benefits which include medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off and stock options, along with competitive salaries.
• Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related administrative experience in a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working in a small company or start-up environment and providing administrative support to executives is highly desired.
• Past success with planning company celebrations, Board meetings and various other company meetings and events in terms of pre-planning, organizing details, facilitating presentations and hosting attendees.
• Must be familiar and comfortable with coordinating complex domestic and international travel and processing expense reports for all levels of employees.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle various and/or multiple pressured situations with tact and a calm demeanor is a necessity.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel is required, along with exceptional customer service skills both in-person and over the phone is essential. Experience working with Zoom is desired.
• A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
• Must be able to understand job duties and responsibilities, have the necessary skills/knowledge and be willing and able to continue learning and growing within the field.
• Must be skilled at managing a significant workload and obtaining positive results, taking on additional responsibility and managing priorities as needed.
• Must be accurate, detailed, committed to high quality standards and pro-active in finding solutions to achieve successful outcomes.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce accurate, punctual reports/information, as required and thoroughly share information with others. Must be able to read, write and speak effectively.
• Exceptional listening skills with the ability to seek constructive feedback, build relationships, promote teamwork and remain flexible and open-minded. Able to quickly adapt to change.
• Capable of following realistic plans, goal setting, resource management, contingency planning, coordinating and cooperating with others.
• Capable of working thoughtfully under pressure and in a timely manner.
Degree not necessary –3- 5+ years office management experience
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com