Algorithms Engineer - GNC
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Would you like to have a direct impact on advancing Orthopedic procedures with Smart Phone Technology? This is your opportunity to join a Dynamic, challenging and fun work environment with a strong collaborative group of engineers and physicians.
This Job: As an Algorithms Engineer, you will create new sensor-based technology solutions to advance orthopedic navigation on next generation medical devices. This role is responsible for complex algorithm design, development, implementation, and testing on various embedded systems platforms including Android.
- Evaluating customer requirements/needs
- Lead and/or assist in system-level solutions
- Developing sensor-based navigation algorithms
- Executing models and simulations in support of evaluation, knowledge transfer and/or data generation.
- Implement algorithms in C or Java and integrating them into an embedded platform
- Aiding in system performance test design and evaluating results
- Working cross-functionally with team members, including product managers, hardware, and software engineers
- Writing and evaluating documentation of core algorithms.
- BS in any of the following required: Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- MS or PhD preferred: Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Experience in medical device, automotive or aerospace industry (3+ years)
- Experience with navigation algorithms utilizing accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Experience in statistical techniques, optimization methods and numerical modeling.
- Euclidean geometry and quaternion transformations
- Strong programming skills with C/Matlab/Java.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with embedded systems, sensor-based systems preferred.
- Understanding of human physiology and exposure to clinical protocols a plus.
We offer a robust benefits package!
Please visit our website at www.tristaff.com to view all our job postings.