San Diego, CA 92122 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18032001- SDS
KEY WORDS: Bank Teller, Teller, Credit Union
JOB DESCRIPTION: TriStaff is partnering with their client in San Diego seeking – EXPERIENCED Bank Tellers in the following areas - Chula Vista, Mission Valley, La Mesa and Carmel Mountain. Under the direction of the Branch Manager, is responsible for meeting operations and sales objectives, and building and retaining loyal member relationships by meeting members’ financial needs and providing unbeatable service experience. Accepts cash and check deposits; accurately and efficiently processes withdrawals and cashes checks within authority level. Perform required maintenance for members. Proactively participates in the cross selling of credit union products and services, including achieving specific consumer loan goals. Promotion to higher grade level based on expertise and proficiency in job duties and sales performance.
Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous and professional manner.
Performs operational duties in the branches as assigned:
• Maintain a teller drawer and processes cash and check deposit in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
• Processes withdrawal requests in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
• Posts loan payments and general ledger transactions.
• Processes member telephone transfers, check requests, mail, email, night drop and quik drop transactions.
• Answers the telephone, directs calls to the appropriate person and/or takes messages and quotes current company savings and consumer loan rates and terms.
• Accurately balances cash drawer in required time frame.
• Provides unbeatable service experience adheres to the credit union’s quality service standards.
• Perform a variety of file maintenance duties, including but not limited to: files daily transaction documents, member correspondences, bank recaps, IRAs, decedent accounts, trust certifications, and POAs.
Performs sales duties in the branches as assigned:
• Cross-sells all products and services to meet member needs and achieve corporate relationship building objectives.
• Performs sales duties in branch to meet each member’s individual financial needs.
• Establishes new memberships, including checking and savings accounts, term accounts, IRA's, online banking, insurance products and loans.
• Attains sales goals; identifies, acquires and grows new and existing consumer loan portfolio. Must meet production volume as designated.
• Establishes and maintains strong referral relationships with members.
• Develops strong telephone calling program from internal lists and targeted prospects.
• Initiates loan applications using various consumer loan origination systems and assists member in choosing the right loan programs for the member’s own personal financial situation.
• Coordinates the consumer loan application process between the member, third parties and internal loan operations group, ensuring unbeatable service experience.
• Initiates referrals, and constantly prospects for new referral relationships and new members.
• Maintains the required knowledge of policies and procedures, laws and regulations and other compliance requirements that pertain to the deposit and lending functions.
• Assists team members to ensure continuity of service and achievement of individual, team and organizational business goals.
• Protects the credit union member assets by identifying all members when transacting business and giving information, adhering to security and privacy practices.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$16.00 to $18.50
• Fulltime opportunity!
• We work in an informal, collaborative and open door environment.
• Excellent Benefits
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); MUST HAVE two or more years related banking positions or equivalent; sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with two or more years related banking positions or equivalent; sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com