Business Acquisition Manager
Irvine, CA 92602
KEY WORDS: Banking, business development, commercial, loans, sales
The Business Acquisition Manager (BAM) is responsible for effectively managing and coaching a team of Commercial Loan Officers (CLO) that generate new loan clients to the organization. The primary objective is to achieve the team’s overall business development and sales goals. These new profitable client relationships are high quality and not transactional in nature. The focus of the BAM is to create and implement strategic business plans to increase the Bank’s profitability through revenue growth, maintaining a strong sales culture, establish deposit relationships and creating a positive work environment that promotes entrepreneurism. This position is highly involved in indirect and direct sales calls, structuring loan proposals/pricing and developing the Bank’s brand and increasing awareness in the market place.
Meets and exceeds monthly performance-based BAM scorecard goals.
- Develops and implements a strategic business plan for the CLOs to bring in profitable relationships to the Bank.
- Effectively leads, trains, motivates, and develops the CLOs by monitoring, tracking and managing the overall sales activity and individual performance.
- Ensures the CLOs are engaged in planned daily and weekly business development efforts.
- Motivates and holds team accountable for loans, new account activity, products sold and sales call activity goals. Conducts weekly team meetings, as well as ensuring the CLOs utilize the bank’s CRM system (360 View).
- Participates in networking groups, industry trade organizations and networking events to cultivate referral relationships.
- Maintains and manages an active pipeline containing viable prospects.
- Reviews CLO’s pipelines to determine closing times and deal flow are accurate for bank wide reporting weekly.
- Ensures positive collaboration with the Business Banking Officers and Account Officers to ensure a smooth client onboarding experience, new account process, enhance client growth and retention as well as identify cross-selling opportunities. Enhances the loyalty and profitability of existing relationships and referring opportunities to other parts of the company. 10. Develops coaching tools, activity objectives, performance goals, sales and coaching protocols, performance plans, tracking and reporting tools, recruiting profiles and relevant training (sales, product and credit) to foster a high performing team capable of meeting the needs of the clients and prospects. 11. Participates in networking groups, industry trade organizations and networking events to cultivate referral relationships.
College degree preferred.