Los Angeles, CA 90010 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18080701-FS
KEY WORDS: Controller, Accounting, Finance, SEC, Financial Reporting
The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position will report directly into the CFO.
Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: GLBA(Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act), Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act) Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd Frank Act), Elder Abuse Laws, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act.
• Oversees the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure
• Masters and overseeing the department’s processes and control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
• Ensures that deliverable's and deadlines are met by the department
• Ensures that all accounts receivable are collected and processed promptly
• Ensures that all relative monthly bank reconciliations are completed
• Reports and completes financial statements in a timely manner.
• Maintains a system of controls over accounting transactions
• Recommends benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
• Calculates and issuing financial and operating metrics
• Assists with the production of the annual budget and forecasts
• Calculates variances from the budget and reporting significant issues to management
• Oversees of local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Provides financial analysis as needed
• Coordinates the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
• Conducts due diligence and integration of new acquisitions into consolidated financials.
• Monitors staff in daily tasks, operations and quality control; ensures the organization of assigned areas of the department, coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results.
• Assists the Chief Financial Officer in implementing cost controls for the department and monitors expenses to ensure compliance with budget.
• Plays a positive role in the development and growth of assigned department staff through excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly cross-trained staff.
• Performs personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment; supervises the daily activities of the department including, but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, developing work schedules and providing necessary training.
• Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
• Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the Company’s goals and values.
• Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
• Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$160k to $190k plus incentive
• Comprehensive Benefit package
• 10 years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of an in-depth background in accounting, management and supervisory skills. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
• Speaking, reading and writing in Korean is a plus.
• Ability to deliver bilingual customer service in Korean, Gujarati, Urdu, Hindi, Chinese, Vietnamese, or Spanish is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of general accounting, payroll, budgeting, and related accounting and record keeping systems in a financial institution.
• Advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and Company accounting policies and procedures.
• Advanced skills related to the consolidation and reporting of Company financial results, and formulation and implementation of Company accounting procedures.
• Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, mainframe computer system, word processing, typing and spreadsheet software programs to meet the needs of the position.
• Advanced math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
• Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department or Company activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Company activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
• Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
• Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree
• CPA preferred
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com