Encino, CA 91316
JOB #: 19062401-FS
KEY WORDS: Commercial, Banking, Credit, Underwriting, Portfolio, Management
The Credit Manager is responsible for managing a team of Portfolio Managers within a given region, and responsible for managing a limited loan portfolio. This includes effectively managing the Commercial Banking staff to properly assess, manage, and limit the Bank’s credit risk, all while meeting the needs of the customers. This also includes managing, mentoring, and developing the Portfolio Managers who report to this position. The Credit Manager approves, and/or recommends for approval, loan requests, loan reviews, and other related items within specified approval limits; these responsibilities can entail any or all of real estate, C&I, or specialty credits. A significant component of this position is managing workflow and the individuals on the Credit team, as well as collaborating with/and serving the Sales side.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Other duties may be assigned
• Supervise, mentor, coach, and train staff incorporating existing knowledge, credit principles, and Omega training.
• Encourage teamwork and foster organizational commitment.
• Disseminate guidance and updates to staff.
• Support individual development plans through the Let’s Talk framework.
• Ensure pipeline of qualified candidates for staffing needs.
• Effectively lead the team in ongoing portfolio management in order to meet the needs of customers and Relationship Managers.
• Manage and direct the workflow and assignments of the Portfolio Management personnel, including pipeline monitoring.
• Collaborate effectively within the department, as well as with other departments (Relationship Management, Processing, Legal & Documentation, etc.) to ensure smooth loan flow process.
• Review and approve credit approval memorandums, modifications, and loan reviews.
• Ensure loans are underwritten according to bank practice, in compliance with policies and procedures, as well as regulatory guidelines.
• Manage a portfolio of loans as the primary Portfolio Manager, with this function consisting of a reduced number of loans compared to similar responsibilities of team members.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$150k-$170k with 20% bonus.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package
• Managerial experience preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in Commercial Banking, Loan Portfolio Management or other related area preferred
• Demonstrated ability or capacity to lead a team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of commercial banking products and services.
• Ability to provide guidance and direction to subordinates based on existing policies and management guidance. May perform work similar to subordinates, but at higher level.
• Ability to develop solutions for problems and issues that require consideration of at least two dimensions (involving operations, people, finances, technology, etc.).
• Applies the mastery of a specific function discipline to resolve significant department issues; coordinates with other departments as necessary.
• Master’s degree in Business, Finance or related field a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent experience preferred.