Data Scientist – Neural Networks, Data Visualization, Forensics Systems
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 19011601 - P
KEY WORDS: data scientist, algorithms, machine learning, deep search, neural networks, visualization, imaging, rendering, graphics, forensics, security, cyber-security, data science,
Well-funded and growing San Diego Startup Company developing scientific imaging and authentication systems is looking to hire a key Data Scientist for their team.
You’ll be designing and developing machine learning capabilities and tools for complex, volumetric datasets that enable customers to analyze and evaluate graphical data for security and other critical purposes.
- Utilize your expertise in Deep and Machine Learning technologies such as complex 3D visualization, analysis of very large datasets, convolutional neural networks, predictive modeling, etc. to solve difficult, real-world problems.
- Help shape the data science strategy and direction of the company and an industry creating innovative technology.
- Solve algorithmic problems through research, experiments, development, and see through deployment of these solutions into a real-world environment.
- Given large, difficult computational problems, design and implement a clean, efficient, and robust solution.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Scientists, and Operations teams to solve problems and identify opportunities.
- Select features, build, and optimize classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Process, cleanse, and validate the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
To apply, email a resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson Breckenridge (firstname.lastname@example.org). This role requires US Citizenship. You will primarily work onsite in their San Diego, CA.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$120,000 to $160,000
- Comprehensive medical benefits (90% of the premium for the employee and 83-85% for dependents), dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance
- Pre-IPO Equity
- Matching 401K
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Seven (7) paid holidays plus two paid (2) floating holidays equaling nine (9) in total.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 15 PTO days per year (5 hours per pay period) based on company policy. With seniority, you will accrue more PTO per company policy.
- Must have 5+ years developing Machine Learning algorithms with at least some of the following: convolutional neural networks (CNN), regression, classification, and/or clustering
- Must have 2+ experience with Deep Learning Frameworks (preferably TensorFlow)
- Must have 5+ years designing and developing software using Linux, Python, C++
- Personality Traits: Must possess a positive attitude, passion for learning, perseverance and drive to solve difficult problems using technical creativity and hard work. Effective communication skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize in rapidly changing environment.
- Must have willingness to jump in and help other team members in a startup-like environment
- S. Citizenship Required.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10% of the time (Occasional travel may be necessary)
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field, or equivalent experience;
- Preferred Education: Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics a plus