Deputy Chief Credit Officer
Irvine, CA 92612 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18051701- FS
KEY WORDS: Banking, Credit, Underwriting, Management, Portfolio, Commercial, Lending
JOB DESCRIPTION: The primary responsibility of the Deputy Chief Credit Officer is to support the Chief Credit Officer in managing, directing, and controlling the lending activities of the Bank in the areas of portfolio management, underwriting, and loan workout activities. This position will manage a team of Credit Managers, Portfolio Managers and Analysts, with a heavy emphasis on work flow processes to effectively manage the credit pipeline within the framework of prudent lending. The Deputy CCO will have delegated credit approval authority and serve on the Bank’s Credit and Portfolio Review Committee along with other tasks as needed.
• Direct multiple Credit Managers and their teams of Portfolio Managers and Analysts, including providing or ensuring training and development.
• Recruit and retain qualified team members to ensure staff is skilled and staffing level is adequate to meet the needs of the business.
• Provide expertise and make recommendations regarding the Bank’s Credit Policy and Credit & Portfolio Management Policy.
• Review and approve or decline credits within delegated authority limits and make recommendations related to credits that require additional approval authority.
• Ensure that credit analyses and actions adhere to Bank credit policy and regulatory guidelines.
• Ensure timely, accurate and appropriate credit risk ratings and impairment analyses.
• Oversee the day to day administration of the Bank's portfolio management and underwriting functions for core business lines.
• Improve and monitor workflow from initial loan analysis until funding to ensure efficient and rapid credit decision making while maintaining accuracy and compliance with regulations.
• Ensure effective use of technology to maximize efficiency and accuracy within lending processes.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$200k to $240k
• Comprehensive Benefit Package
• 10+ years of senior credit experience are required. Credit expertise is required in C&I and commercial real estate lending. SBA and agricultural lending knowledge are desired.
• Demonstrated expertise in financial analysis, loan structuring, and problem credit resolution.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education & experience.
• 5+ years of management-level credit experience.
• Experience in asset recovery and loan work-outs.
• Experience in credit risk grading and portfolio monitoring.
• Understanding of the SBA SOP strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com