Director, Digital Marketing – Strategic Leader, Consumer Tech Leader
San Diego, CA 92122 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18051501 - P
This is a Retained Search for a thriving and highly profitable Technology Company based in San Diego, CA. To continue their growth trajectory, they are looking for a new Digital Marketing Director to lead a high performing team.
Their wide product portfolio encompasses B2B and B2C products and subscription-based services, including mobile apps, subscription services, wireless devices, IoT, and health-related wearables. This is an opportunity to work on something positive that has a major impact on products that are improving the everyday lives and health of over 850,000 customers.
As the Director of Digital Marketing, you will utilize your understanding of the latest trends in digital marketing tools and technologies, and performance advertising. You’ll act as their chief thought leader for all areas of digital media and online marketing, and will be responsible for identifying the most effective strategies to reach and connect with their target audiences through all digital channels. You’ll also closely work with cross department product teams to set key business objectives.
This is a team who thrives on analytics to back up decisions in a fast-paced and ambitious atmosphere. Your team will focus on driving digital innovation across the entire customer journey. They have a tight knit, fun, entrepreneurial, and flexible culture to quickly push forward new concepts and execute them.
TO APPLY: Send your resume to Kanani Masterson at TriStaff Group for confidential review: email@example.com. Please read criteria below and apply if in line with your experience. This is a fulltime, onsite role based in San Diego, CA. Relocation expenses provided for selected candidate if necessary.
• Develop and execute system wide digital advertising and media strategies that effectively leverage all media channels and are seamlessly part of a holistic multi-channel communications approach including ecommerce, national leading retailers, Amazon.com, and their direct ecommerce channels.
• Establish digital media benchmarks & KPI’s for each market to evolve the digital media mix in alignment with consumer media behavior across all channels & formats (i.e. mobile, social, online video, display, etc.)
• Create digital marketing budget and key metrics to determine how to measure success against costs.
• Identify & socialize digital media principles for all markets including across paid search, programmatic, audience targeting, and digital media buying best practices
• Proactively bring innovative new ideas and explore growth opportunities in the rapidly changing digital media environment
• Lead & socialize media measurement approach with markets, including development of media KPI’s and successful execution against them, most specifically within digital media.
• Deliver the thought leadership required to build a robust foundation of digital media analytical tools for analyzing and interpreting data to make strong data-driven marketing decisions
• 10+ years of experience in Digital Marketing/Digital Media, Digital Advertising, or a related media/advertising field is required
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience leading direct reports in range of marketing functions
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience managing internal initiatives as well as external agencies and vendors
• Must have worked for consumer facing brand or services companies, such as CPG, Consumer Electronics, Mobile, Wireless Services, eCommerce, Consumer Subscriptions
• B2B Demand Generation, GTM, and Branding experience preferred.
• Experience with managing short-term campaign/projects and long-term strategic vision
• Financial stewardship experience managing multi-million dollar budgets required ($10M+ budgets)
• Highly analytical and technology savvy with Google Analytics, CRM, Marketing Automation, etc.
• Key Personality Traits: Innovative, Analytical and Forward Thinking. Dedicated to providing innovated strategic solutions. Ability to herd cats. Ability to roll with the punches. Confident. Passionate. Levelheaded. Persuasive. Non-political. Ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Deep understanding of the latest digital (mobile and web) technology tools and processes.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all business groups
• Ability to develop clear strategy and documentation.
• Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required. MBA Highly Preferred.
Salary Details & Benefits:
$150,000 – $180,000 base
• Performance Bonus
• Comprehensive benefits (health, medical, dental, etc.)
• Matching 401K
• Relocation costs coverage, if needed.
KEY WORDS: Director of Online Marketing, Director of digital marketing, Marketing Director, online marketing, digital advertising, digital agency, Vice President of Digital Marketing, VP Digital Marketing, SEO, PPC, CPC, SEM, affiliate networking, Internet Marketing, , Display Advertising, b2b, Customer Acquisition, e-commerce, Startup, mobile apps, Online Marketing, strategy, digital strategy, advertising agency, ecommerce, software, digital marketing, marketer, healthcare, IoT, wearables, acquisition marketing, retention marketing, lead generation, demand generation, SaaS, consumer electronics, telecom, mobile, mobile apps, services, subscriptions, analytics
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com