Director, Sales and Business Development
San Diego, CA 92121 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18022101-P
POSITION TITLE: Director, Sales and Business Development
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Established and thriving SaaS Technology Company with Global Media Customers is hiring a new Director/Head of Global Sales and Business Development.
They offer excellent benefits and perks, led by an experienced Executive team who foster a fun, casual, non-political atmosphere. Their HQ is centrally located in San Diego, and they are open to candidates based locally in San Diego (ideally) or in Southern California.
The Head of Sales and Business Development is a key organizational role that will manage and direct the sales team and provide leadership towards meeting and exceeding clearly defined sales objectives. This position will plan and strategize to expand the customer base across all products, targeting customers in the broadcast, cable, advertising, and digital media markets.
Reporting to C-level, the right candidate for this position will be a results-oriented and natural leader who can use an appropriate sales strategy and keen negotiation skills to effectively understand customer needs, communicate the value of their services, and continuously close new business.
S/he will know how to find the right partners and close the deal. S/he must be comfortable with all new business development activities associated with maintaining a consistent pipeline of new prospects.
If you are interested in finding a Sales Leadership role in a small and agile company that is also well-established and financially stable, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson – firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Plan, lead and generate business development activities across the United States and Globally, with a focus on Asia and Europe
• Create and execute a strategic sales plan to meet and exceed sales objectives
• Create, implement and execute a sales strategy for the sales team that results in meeting and exceeding revenue objectives across key product channels
• Develop strong understanding of their technical processes and products to effectively answer potential customer questions about our suite of offerings
• Prepare and present sales proposals to potential customers
• Prospect and convert leads into profitable business relationships; Negotiate and close contracts with new clients
• Provide leadership team with customer insight to facilitate ideas on how to continuously improve product offerings and marketing strategies
• Work cross-functionally with internal product and marketing teams to meet and exceed client needs
• Attract, manage and mentor exceptional sales support staff to help drive the business
• Develop relationships with senior clients at current and potential digital and media/broadcast customers
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$130,000-150,000 + Performance Bonus
• 100% employee covered health insurance
• Matching 401K
• 4 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks of sick leave
• Lots of other fun benefits & perks
• 10+ years of B2B technology sales experience
• Direct experience within digital media, entertainment (TV, Cable, Broadcast), and/or digital advertising industries HIGHLY PREFERRED.
• Successful track record closing complex, multi-year agreements using a solutions-based sales approach for deals ranging between $100K-$3M+
• Flexible, self-motivated “hunter” mentality with ability to work in a fast-paced startup-like environment
• Ability to coach and mentor remote sales managers
• Organized and very effective time management skills
• Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
• Industry contacts in the media, broadcast, cable, or digital distribution industries preferred
• Professional written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.
• Location: Ideally based in San Diego, CA, but also open to Orange County or Los Angeles, CA
• Prior experience with a Tech Startup or smaller company environment
• Comfort and experience working across different geographies; knowledge or additional languages ideal.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: Director of Sales, Director of Sales and Business Development, Sales Director, Account Management, Account Manager, Director of Business Development, VP of Sales, VP of Business Development, digital marketing, digital media, entertainment, TV, cable, broadcast, film studio, content management, CMS, digital advertising, Software as a Service, SaaS, PaaS