Director Product Management – VC Backed Healthcare SaaS, Retained Search
San Diego, CA 92122 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18052301 - P
This is a Retained Search for a Venture Funded Tech Company looking for an exceptional Director of Product Management. My Client is developing a revolutionary cloud-based platform (PaaS) in the healthcare space with the mission of improving the health outcomes for patients. If you are a talented Product Management leader who is passionate about creating a product that could positively impact millions of lives, please read on!
They have a small team of 4 product managers, product scope, and product pilots in market, but need a new leader to take their product into the future. This role is ideal for a seasoned leader accustomed to startup dynamics and wearing multiple hats, who considers him/herself to be a focused customer experience innovator and inherently passionate about the details and delighting clients.
You will be a hands-on manager, but report directly to the C-suite, so this is a high-visibility and impact role. Their platform also offers customizations for major customers, so you will be responsible for those implementations, as well as improving their core platform. This is a customer-driven role, so the ability to accurately turn user feedback and behaviors into actionable improvements and new feature sets are critical.
Your success in the role will be based on multiple factors, which include: company growth (utilization of the platform, product roadmap that meets or exceeds strategic and revenue expectations,) user feedback (net promoter score) developer feedback (your product team enables efficient and effective development,) quality of the development output (customer experience meets original scope and specifications,) and client feedback (positive and fruitful interactions.)
• Facilitating (or conducting) analysis and coalescence of customer feedback obtained through client listening posts; contact analysis, customer interaction, etc.; providing actionable insights
• Developing, getting commitment to and maintaining a clear & detailed product roadmap and associated prioritization decisions
• Leading and growing a team of experience product managers; inspiring, coaching, and supporting the team
• Partnering across functional boundaries to ensure the best possible client and user experience
• Facilitating design thinking to ensure the best possible short and long term product strategy and experience
• Competitive / Industry awareness: Understanding the impact of competitive experiences, business models, etc. on the Company’s product strategy
• Analyzing and communicating important product usage metrics and implications of the analysis
• Supporting client implementation efforts; ensuring successful execution according to client milestones.
• Client communication and interaction… keeping the customer happy and well informed with accurate expectations
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA (La Jolla).
Salary Details & Benefits:
• $130,000-150,000 base
Benefits: pre-IPO stock, comprehensive health, dental, vision
• Must have a minimum of 7 years in software product management, ideally in a B2B PaaS or SaaS technology company
• Must have 2+ years of management experience, but still be willing to roll up your sleeves.
• Passion for customer experience and strong customer-backed logic in decision making
• Demonstrated ability in developing strong product management teams
• Must have excellent project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability in leading product strategy and design across an organization
• Must have startup product management experience and ability to herd cats
• Excellent ability to motivate, add structure when necessary, and communicate successfully both on paper and verbally with wide range of personalities and roles.
• Must be highly analytical, data-driven, and thrive on learning and research. Past experience in Healthcare Software product management is a plus, not required
• Seasoned experience using popular product design and management tools; Adobe XD, Balsamiq, the rest of Creative Suite, Jira, Confluence, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or Masters preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: director of product management, product management director, senior product manager, senior director, VP product management, chief product officer, software as a service, SaaS, PaaS, Cloud, healthcare, EHR, billing, payment processing, usability, user experience, UX, startup, pre-IPO