Director of Product Management – Stable Leader in Mobile Devices, CE, Health Wearables
San Diego, CA 92122 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18011701 - P
Thriving and highly profitable Technology Company in the wireless space is looking for a new Director of Product Management! Their product portfolio encompasses both commercial and consumer products, such as mobile services, wireless handsets/devices, IoT, and health-fitness wearable devices.
This is an influential but highly technical role requiring direct background and education in a discipline such as Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. You will be overseeing, managing, and leading their Core Mobile Products, utilizing your experience in Technical Product Development, Cross Functional Leadership, Operations, Market Launch, and Vendor Management.
You will utilize your deep technical experience with hardware and/or software development and proven expertise launching multiple mobile apps, wireless services and products.
You will lead a small team of Technical Product Managers to meet business goals and deliver stable, reliable, and cost efficient solutions. This individual should be forward looking, anticipating any roadblocks, and compensating/alleviating accordingly to ensure stable and reliable products.
Additionally, he/she should be aware of and attentive to industry trends to help shape the future as it pertains to innovation, enhancements, competitive edge, and value aligned to the company’s business goals.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
• Will have Technical Ownership and Responsibility, as well as roadmap planning support for both Consumer and Enterprise/Commercial Markets.
• Full cycle product management from concept through development and market launch of feature-set updates and new R&D beta products
• Matrixed Leadership and Technical Direction for Product Development Teams
• Support Product Development Standardization across all Product Lines
• Perform in-depth analysis of existing and next-generation technologies related to HW and SW platforms
• Manage and sustain OEMs and 3rd-party partnerships and agreements
• Manage and Measure Performance Metrics for Product Lines
• Provide relevant technical information and expertise to support long term strategic planning.
• $140,000 to $190,000 base DOE
• Comprehensive health benefits and wellness plans.
• Performance Bonuses
• Pre-IPO stock options (DOE)
• Casual, supportive and flexible work environment.
• Must have minimum of 8 years of current experience in product management capacity within a commercially successful mobile, wireless, or telecommunications company
• Direct and current experience with complex products in one or more of the following industries: health wearables, connected devices/IoT, and/or wireless devices (cell phones, tablets, etc.).
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Technical Product Development (involving either devices and hardware OR internal software) is required
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical role (ideally Electrical Engineering or related technical degree) is required
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in management: direct teams, customer delivery, and vendor management
• Significant product management experience over carrier-grade or commercial consumer wireless technology products and services is required
• Prior experience performing technical vendor qualifications of competencies and capabilities.
• Knowledge of technical areas such as Embedded Linux, Yocto, OpenEmbedded, FreeRTOS, Android, and/or Android Wear operating systems preferred.
• Knowledge of software development best practices and Agile, preferred.
• Prior experience working with device certification process with both OEMs and major US carriers preferred
• Knowledge of wireless networks and their interaction with wireless products and services preferred
• Knowledge of wireless technologies such as CDMA, LTE, VoLTE, BT, NFC, WiFi, GPS preferred
• Knowledge of hardware system and component level:
a. Multilayer PCB, Layout, Grounding, Shielding, Noise
b. Baseband, Memory, Power/PMIC, Battery, Digital, Analog, LCDs, Sensors,
c. RF, Rx, Tx, Antennae, Matching, Sensitivity, Performance, Noise, GPS, WiFi
d. Schematics, Gerbers, Debug
• Knowledge of Antennae Measurements, Network Analyzers, Base Station Simulators, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscope Measurements preferred
• Knowledge of hardware and software testing best practices preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree required. BSEE, BSCS or related is highly preferred. MBA or graduate degree also preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEYWORDS: Director of product management, wireless, IoT, telecom, Telecommunications, wearables, IoT, telematics, GPS, healthcare, mobile, firmware, electrical engineering, hardware, OEM, product management, director product management, product manager, VP of product management, startup