EVP-Group Manager-Real Estate Division
San Diego, CA 92105
JOB #: 18061301- FS
KEY WORDS: Banking, Real Estate, Commercial, Management, Credit, Underwriting, Business Development
The EVP/Manager is responsible for managing a group of experienced commercial real estate lending, processing, and closing professionals that focus on generating real estate lending opportunities, encompassing construction products and term loans. All styles of commercial income generating and for sale real estate products are encompassed. These opportunities are underwritten, processed, closed, funded during the construction term, and managed during the life of the loan by this Group.
The Manager reports to the President of the San Diego Region and interfaces with the San Diego Regional and Corporate Credit Administration to generate and coordinate a commercial real estate loan portfolio that meets all requirements of bank’s Loan Policy and generates secure income generation requirements. This position requires an ability to work independently to produce a proactive team environment, coordinate secure real estate lending and attract an ongoing interest in PWB lending capabilities in the business and commercial real estate marketplace.
• Interact with the Commercial Real Estate and Business Communities to generate new loan opportunities and raise the awareness of the capabilities of the Bank.
• Support group lending officers in their ongoing marketing and sourcing efforts to secure additional lending opportunities from existing customers and new clients throughout the community. Recommend structuring possibilities for those opportunities.
• Make an initial determination whether lending opportunities presented meet the loan policies and goals of PWB.
• Recommend likely lending opportunities and pricing options to Regional President and Credit Administration.
• Provide initial review and approval of Credit Approval Requests, coordinate submission to Credit Administration and Loan Committee.
• Ongoing consultation with REIG Administrative Manager and REIG Construction Funding Manager and communication of Management’s expectation of documentation, accounting, and reporting.
• Support loan officers in client and/or client/contractor negotiations and communicate PWB expectations of payment and transaction management to those clients.
• Consult on a regular basis with SD REIG Credit Analysts and Portfolio Managers on financial analysis styles and current/future events occurring within the loan portfolio. Assist and provide oversight in customer communication and negotiations.
• Coordinate management of loan payment issues, compliance issues, tickler management and reporting of portfolio conditions.
• Provide a high level of oversight and decision making on construction funding matters. Provide decisions on construction funding exceptions and client/contractor disputes.
• Understand and communicate to Administrative Manager and loan processing staff appropriate loan documentation and legal procedures and provide a high level of supervision on those subjects.
• Understand and communicate to Construction Funding Manager proper funding procedures, parameters, and legal requirements and provide a high level of supervision on those matters.
• Coordinate and manage all administrative reporting to all bank levels, including but not limited to the Market President, Credit Administration, Compliance, Accounting, and all Audit sources.
• Act as a real estate resource to other Bank groups for general documentation, underwriting and policy questions. Communicate with other construction lending groups within the organization to understand and coordinate the evolution of procedures and processing.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$160k to $190k plus a 50% bonus potential
• Comprehensive Benefit Package
• A minimum of ten years or more of lending/credit experience
• Strong understanding of real estate types, values and debt service analysis.
• Strong loan analysis and structuring skills.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Superior relationship building skills, both with the public community real estate and business professionals, and with REIG and personnel.
• Superior team building and inter-personal communication skills.
• Strong understanding of real estate loan documentation, collateral and financial analysis.
• Capability of productive communication with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to multi-task and very detail oriented.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Bachelor's degree in finance or other related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com